“1st year anniversary”
Review of The Hydro Hotel

The Hydro Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lisdoonvarna
Reviewed 9 April 2017

Lovely hotel very clean staff very attractive to ur needs restaurant fabulous thanks to Vanessa and her great staff rooms big,clean comfortable beds only fault to this hotel would be no wifi in rooms only in lobby

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
hydro2017, Receptionist at The Hydro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive comment about your recent stay on Trip Advisor. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take a great pride in our team and we are so glad to hear that our colleague Vanessa made your stay so memorable! I will pass on your compliments to the rest of the team. We hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for The Hydro Hotel

Reviewed 7 April 2017

We have been there for a week. It was the first time we have been to Ireland.This Hotel is very well organized. Nice and cosy. Excellent Food. Very nice Staff. Always a smyling face. You feel like home. Thank you all.We are coming back.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
hydro2017, Receptionist at The Hydro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2017

Hello mayhol63,
Thank you for taking the time out to leave such a positive review about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We work hard as a team to ensure that the stay of each and every guest of ours is memorable and pleasurable. Thank you for the lovely comments about our food, accommodation and staff - I will pass on your compliments to the rest of the team. We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Hydro Hotel again soon.
Kind regards and best wishes,

Reviewed 1 April 2017

The Hydro was what water is to life, essential for a quality life.
Marcus was both professional and welcoming.
Vanessa (Miss Venezuela) is a beautiful lady who greeted everyone at breakfast with warmth, respect and professionalism.
Indeed, all of the staff worked well as a team to provide a friendly welcome.
Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
hydro2017, Receptionist at The Hydro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive comment about your recent stay on Trip Advisor. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take a great pride in our team and we are so glad to hear that our colleague Vanessa made your stay so memorable! I will pass on your compliments to the rest of the team. We hope to see you again soon bernadetteanne2226.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Years ago, I saw a movie about a matchmaking festival in Ireland, which led me to book a trip to Lisdoonvarna in September. I wasn't sure where to go so I reached out to Julie, Media person for the festival and she directed me to the Hydro Hotel. I'm so glad she did.

I was there for six nights. The staff (restaurant/front desk/housekeeping) was amazing - very quick to help and suggest. Breakfast was included with my room and it was pretty tasty. Staff gladly modified breakfast to suit my needs. Room was clean - basic standard room, no fridge but there is a tv with limited channels. Owner/manager came through the dining room every morning to speak to guests - very nice touch. By the end of my stay, I definitely felt like "family".

Town is small so hotel is within walking distance of everything. Bus is accessible and can take you cheaply to Galway, Limerick, etc (get roundtrip fare - it's cheaper). For US guests, might be hard to use your debit card in town (unless it's chip and Mastercard) so get a card with low or no fees before you go. Also, it's cheaper to buy adapter for phone, etc in town (I got mine at Mace grocery for less than 3 euro). Hotel has free internet access for guests in the lobby. I was travelling alone (middle-aged women) and I felt completely safe.

Note about matchmaking fest: Hydro is one of the main hubs for the event. Security at the hotel during event is awesome. But, the festival is not for the faint-hearted. It's definitely intense (imagine your worst bar experience times ten - lol) but I met a lot of really nice people and, yes, I got one proposal.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Suchfuntotravel

Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive comment on Trip Advisor. We are happy you hear you enjoyed the Matchmaking festival and that the food, accommodation and customer service here in the Hydro Hotel were up to good standard. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

The room was quite large had it booked for 2 people but there was a double as well as a single bed in the room. The bathroom was very well kitted out with plenty of towels. The food for dinner was nice and the breakfast was lovely and there was plenty of food and the staff kept asking did we want more of anything and not the usual 2 slices of toast they came back a few times asking if we needed anything else.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for a positive feedback on our staff, rooms and hotel facilities. We hope to see you again soon.

Aksana

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lisdoonvarna
1.6 km away
9.6 km away
Falls Hotel & Spa
Falls Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Ennistymon

Been to The Hydro Hotel? Share your experiences!