The Hydro Hotel
  • Restaurant
Imperial Hotel(Lisdoonvarna)
King Thomond Hotel(Lisdoonvarna)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsrooms were spotlessluxury accommodationsecurity staffexploring the local areavery nice hotelhotel is situatedwarm atmospheredining roomother hotelsstaff were so friendlygood sizebooked this hotelthe perfect place to staybacon cabbagethe hotel managerlive musicirish music
Reviewed 7 April 2017

We have been there for a week. It was the first time we have been to Ireland.This Hotel is very well organized. Nice and cosy. Excellent Food. Very nice Staff. Always a smyling face. You feel like home. Thank you all.We are coming back.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
hydro2017, Receptionist at The Hydro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2017

Hello mayhol63,
Thank you for taking the time out to leave such a positive review about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We work hard as a team to ensure that the stay of each and every guest of ours is memorable and pleasurable. Thank you for the lovely comments about our food, accommodation and staff - I will pass on your compliments to the rest of the team. We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Hydro Hotel again soon.
Kind regards and best wishes,

Reviewed 1 April 2017

The Hydro was what water is to life, essential for a quality life.
Marcus was both professional and welcoming.
Vanessa (Miss Venezuela) is a beautiful lady who greeted everyone at breakfast with warmth, respect and professionalism.
Indeed, all of the staff worked well as a team to provide a friendly welcome.
Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
hydro2017, Receptionist at The Hydro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive comment about your recent stay on Trip Advisor. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take a great pride in our team and we are so glad to hear that our colleague Vanessa made your stay so memorable! I will pass on your compliments to the rest of the team. We hope to see you again soon bernadetteanne2226.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Years ago, I saw a movie about a matchmaking festival in Ireland, which led me to book a trip to Lisdoonvarna in September. I wasn't sure where to go so I reached out to Julie, Media person for the festival and she directed me to the Hydro Hotel. I'm so glad she did.

I was there for six nights. The staff (restaurant/front desk/housekeeping) was amazing - very quick to help and suggest. Breakfast was included with my room and it was pretty tasty. Staff gladly modified breakfast to suit my needs. Room was clean - basic standard room, no fridge but there is a tv with limited channels. Owner/manager came through the dining room every morning to speak to guests - very nice touch. By the end of my stay, I definitely felt like "family".

Town is small so hotel is within walking distance of everything. Bus is accessible and can take you cheaply to Galway, Limerick, etc (get roundtrip fare - it's cheaper). For US guests, might be hard to use your debit card in town (unless it's chip and Mastercard) so get a card with low or no fees before you go. Also, it's cheaper to buy adapter for phone, etc in town (I got mine at Mace grocery for less than 3 euro). Hotel has free internet access for guests in the lobby. I was travelling alone (middle-aged women) and I felt completely safe.

Note about matchmaking fest: Hydro is one of the main hubs for the event. Security at the hotel during event is awesome. But, the festival is not for the faint-hearted. It's definitely intense (imagine your worst bar experience times ten - lol) but I met a lot of really nice people and, yes, I got one proposal.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Suchfuntotravel

Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive comment on Trip Advisor. We are happy you hear you enjoyed the Matchmaking festival and that the food, accommodation and customer service here in the Hydro Hotel were up to good standard. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

The room was quite large had it booked for 2 people but there was a double as well as a single bed in the room. The bathroom was very well kitted out with plenty of towels. The food for dinner was nice and the breakfast was lovely and there was plenty of food and the staff kept asking did we want more of anything and not the usual 2 slices of toast they came back a few times asking if we needed anything else.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for a positive feedback on our staff, rooms and hotel facilities. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Where to begin...(1) The bar staff attempted to over-charge me 3 times on the same night - every staff charged a different price for the same drink [€4.30, €4.70, €5.10] and only for I coping it I'd be out of pocket - it might have been a ploy to see what they could get away with. (2) If you asked 3 staff members the same question, you would get 3 different answers e.g. one staff told us entry was €15 but another said it was free and another said to come back as they hadn't decided yet. You might also get the politician answer of a question in response to a question e.g. Me: "Can you tell me which way is the ballroom please?" Staff: "Depends, what do you want with the ballroom?" (3) They were very unhelpful in assisting with any query and to me they always appeared defensive or guarded and didn't have the customer service skills that I am used to, such as, basic politeness. (4) One staff member insisted on this hotel policy which I'm not sure exists, i.e. my friend checked his jacket into the coat room, lost his ticket stub, went to reception the following morning to retrieve his jacket and she said she'd have to take all his details and pass them onto the local guards and they'd question him about it to make sure it was definitely his jacket and that he wasn't trying to steal another visitors jacket - the jacket was from Penneys and even if it was designer, it's a complete over-step as he was able to describe the jacket in full, say the time he handed it in and the staff member that took it so I think that's proof enough that he was telling the truth. Like what were the guards going to do? - put the jacket in one room and my friend in another room, question to two of them and hope their stories matched lol...I'm joking of course but that's the level of ridiculousness we had to deal with during our stay ....I could go on and on and on with more points and examples but I think I've made my point that this hotel for whatever reason was not up to standard during our visit and I think they need to get their act together. I wouldn't stay here again as there is no need for staff to be so rude, unhelpful, unorganized or to treat their customers so badly. Your job is to provide a service - learn to do it, simple as.

Stayed: October 2016