Lock in the lowest price from these sites
All reviews turbot wine list hospitality industry co clare a real treat owners and staff local produce irish hospitality guest house sitting room yogurt kate starters burren michelin ireland doolin
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 June 2022

We enjoyed our stay very much. The Wild Honey Inn is very comfortable, pleasant and relaxing and and Co Clare is of course wonderful.

I would however respectfully suggest that the pricing needs a little tweaking in context of the offering, notwithstanding the award winning status and the many challenges the hospitality industry has faced and is facing.

We stayed in one of the 'cosy' rooms. The decor was lovely, very nicely done in lots of burren shades and natural fabrics. The bed had a good quality, comfortable mattress and bedding and though small the room was indeed very cosy. Although our room was street facing, it was quiet.

The 'cosy' rooms (and most of the rooms are this format I think), don't have baths which is disappointing. The towels needed to be larger and there needed to be more of them.

The connection point for a TV was there but not a TV, which is of course fine, but I'd rather liked to have known this in advance so we could bring our own device. There is good WiFi.

There is a lovely large, bright reading/sitting room and a really nice garden area.

Dinner was very good, but there was a big hotel style efficiency/economy about it. My roquefort and endive salad starter for example had a great deal of endive but just four tiny beads of roquefort cheese (and a sprinking of hazlenuts rather than the walnuts it should have included), and bread for the table was just two small pieces of soda bread. My after dinner tea (eur3.90) was not included in our set deal.

Our meat and fish main dishes were great: perfect turbot and a beautiful beef dish.

If I am absolutely honest, I have to say we ate better elsewhere in Co Clare with no less creativity and finesse and with more charming service and more thoughtful pricing.

A 750ml bottle of sparkling water was charged at eur6. Two Aperol Spritzes were eur30. Two Dingle G+Ts were eur23. Two mid range white wines were eur24. (The wine list however is very good).

Dublin/urban visitors will be perhaps quite comfortable with these prices but the Wild Honey Inn is not in Dublin or Paris. There is a more bountiful feel about other country Michelin venues, such as MacNean House for example.

The breakfast offering is not sumptuous but very nice. Lovely fluffy scones and muesli, yoghurt and fruit compote. The wording on the menu about choosing only one hot dish seems a little unnecessary.

Two nights' B+B including one night's dinner was eur540. Later in our trip we stayed in a Doolin guest house with a great deal more space and comfort, for a lot less.

It is however a lovely place. Located on the edge of town, you are an easy walk to everywhere in Lisdoonvarna.

A little guidance on parking in advance of arriving would be helpful - there is on road parking on a first come basis, but more parking a little further away.

As a general observation about holidaying in Co Clare and in Ireland at present, very little of the the government's maintaining of the 9% reduced VAT rate appears to be passed on to visitors.

Date of stay: June 2022
1  Thank Róisín B
Reviewed 8 March 2022 via mobile

Before Wild Honey Inn reopens for the season I wanted to wet your appetite having stayed and eaten at this wondrous beauty prior to season closure in ‘21.

Firstly, Kate and the team are what makes this Inn superb. From start to finish the welcome received, was pure Irish hospitality at its best.

The real gem is the draw of the promise of outstanding cuisine. By God, it lived up to and surpassed expectations (excitement) in every way. Every dish, and I mean every plate of food presented, photographed (due to its beauty), tasted and then remarked upon as if ‘we’ were the Michelin committee rendered us speechless (almost emotional) that such outstanding offerings are locally sourced. We are two nights out of two. Why wouldn’t you?! Exceptional.

The team are warm, utterly engaging, knowledgeable and rather humorous which was a delight and a welcome accompaniment to the the main event. I could go in but you’ll just have to try for yourself…no more spoilers…

Accommodation wise, perfect.

This is what living us all about. Thank you to Kate, Aidan snd the team.

Room tip: Book early…
Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2021

The food and ambiance in the Wild Honey Inn is only matched by the friendliness of the owners and staff. We stayed for three nights and each evening the menu provided a selection of surprises that tap local produce to deliver Michelin standard food. A great wine list and a beautifully adorned room made the visit a real treat. Yes it is in absolute terms expensive but worth it next to other options at the same price inside or outside Ireland.

Room tip: Corner rooms upstairs are spacious with a lot of natural light
Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 15 October 2020

My long awaited visit to this property was on my radar for some time.Whilst it was almost impossible to be so lucky as to get a booking over the years,ask me was I disappointed ! It is totally overpriced both in terms of the accommodation and the food.I have eaten in 1,2 and 3 starMichelin restaurants all over the world,but the jury is out on this one.The chef/owner is producing food that in my humble opinion is not 1 star.although according to Michelin it is ! The setting is a gastro pub environment.It would be more acceptable if the menu was of a gastro pub style (particularily matching the surroundings) and a recognition accordingly.To me the food was not prepared with the skill and talent that was expected of a restaurant of it's calibre.No snacks to begin with, no pre starter,no pre dessert, no petit fours !!
The charge of 180 euro for a double room,bed and breakfast is totally outragous.At best it is a mediocre guest house and should be charging 100 /120 euro.Dinner is priced at 80 euro per person and this is an acceptable price if your were getting 1 star Michelin food.In total 340 euro for two,a tad expensive for what was all in all a very disappointing experience.I doubt i'll be back.

Room tip: Some rooms are tiny in size
Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank jumatt2016
Reviewed 22 September 2020 via mobile

Food very nice but overpriced and not Michelin star standard. Three course meal with three choices and had to pay extra for coffee. Accommodation very nice but overpriced. Had a voucher but could only be used in conjunction with overnight stay. Not acceptable

Date of stay: September 2020