“Brilliant music, food and crack!”

The Roadside Tavern
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Lisdoonvarna
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The pub is open all year round from 10am until late. Food is served by Kieran's Kitchen from March until beginning of November. Last orders at 8.45pm. In spring 2011, Peter Curtin embarked on a new endeavour: He set up the Burren Brewery in the Roadside Tavern in Lisdoonvarna. The building, which in 1865 started off as a pub, then was expanded into a bakery, now also harbours a micro-brewery under its roof. His Burren Gold (lager), Burren Red (ale) and Burren Black (stout) are one of only three micro-breweries mentioned in the Lonely Planet Global Craft Beer Guide! At the same time it is a restaurant - Kieran's Kitchen - serving the best food from locally sourced ingredients. It is also a renowned music venue for traditional music with musicians gathering here every night during the summer months.
Reviewed 7 November 2017

I absolutely loved our evening here. We were offered on arrival a choice of tables near the musicians or else slightly away. As we are all great talkers we opted for the quieter spot, just right to enjoy the wonderful (most polished and very cheery and of course as would one expect in West Clare, authentic) Irish music. I loved the decor, I have a match for one of their old prints on the wall at home, I was very amused to see. The menu was terrific, I love to see bacon and cabbage on a menu which I see so rarely, this one was really great with an extremely tasty mash. The fish was also really good, I was sorry I hadn't room for both. I was so pleased that the waitress let me know they had local stout, it was a great treat I would recommend. I enjoyed this spot no end and hope to get back here soon. I wish I lived beside this place!

1  Thank Orla F

Reviewed 4 November 2017

What a fantastic pub! We stopped in here for what was supposed to be a swift half and ended up staying for an enjoyable few hours. We will be definitely be back if we are in the area.

1  Thank SwingKing1954
Reviewed 24 October 2017

My friends and I were hoping to grab lunch here. Unfortunately, kitchen wasn't open til 4. We grabbed a few pints though, and I have to say the red they brew was fantastic. Wasn't real busy while we were there, but had a real cool setup, and I'm bummed we didn't get to go back.

1  Thank elcrawl
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

We had a fabulous meal. The manager Catherine was a treat and her recommendations were spot on. To be honest Catherine and the tavern made our visit to Lisdoonvarna.

1  Thank rita l
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Keep in mind that our group of three were in Lisdoonvarna during the matchmaking festival! I mention this because we felt lucky to find a great pub amongst the madness. Food was excellent- they had some creative specials and we enjoyed the pints of home- brew afterwards in the Pub area. Nice Irish music to boot!

1  Thank Lucy P