“Disgusted”

Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Oughterard
Price range: US$6 - US$31
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Absolutely disgusted with the service we received here for lunch. Waited over an hour for food while watching the waitress who took our order wipe the same table 3 if not 4 times. The limit was when the table next to us who ordered ten if not fifteen minutes after got their food. I can't remember what we ordered but I do remember they ordered a burger and thinking that would take longer than what we ordered to cook. Won't be back, disappointed as have heard great things

3  Thank P4P814
PowersThatch, Owner at Powers Thatched Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

I am very sorry to hear that you experienced this delay with your food as we pride ourselves in our customer service. I can offer some explanation that may have contributed to this. We had some staff sick leave in December and Christmas period and we had emergency staff cover on a few occasions. I apologise that this standard was not up to our normal level as you can see from our other reviews and hope you enjoyed your food when it came.

I'm not sure if you expressed your concerns to your waitress, or if there were any other issues that led to you giving us just one star. I would really appreciate if you would visit again and hopefully reconsider your review.

Also if you would let me know the date & timeframe of your visit I will be able to investigate the situation and address this with our team to ensure we maintain our high standard.

Please feel free to private message me your details and your next meal with us will be complimentary.

Rory

Reviewed 30 December 2017

Was just expecting the usual when we ordered the Irish Coffee here. Boy, were we surprised. Just perfect, sweet & clearly made with top quality coffee & cream. The presentation was amazing - on a wooden platter with dusting of chocolate and sugar, lovely stemmed glass, loads of lovely cream and an ornament of coffee beans. Just lovely! Thank you.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

We ate dinner here both nights of our stay. Staff were attentive and friendly. The locals were friendly and fun. Our meals would please even the most discriminating diner.

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

Had dinner here yesterday evening. I had the rib eye steak medium (cooked to perfection). The generous cut of beef was accompanied with creamy mashed potatoes, crispy golden onion rings, lovwly fries mushrooms and onions and pepper sauce. They also gave me a bowl of addictive french fries. For dessert I had white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake....say no more! I loved it so much I went back for a hot chocolate today passing through on my way home. Rural Ireland at its best. Hearty, warm and friendly.

1  Thank Darren B
Reviewed 27 November 2017

My wife knew of this place by reputation. So on our way west we called in for lunch. Home made bread in fact home made everything. I had mushroom soup and we both had the Irish stew. It was so good we detoured on our way back so we could call again. Still had to park way down the street and it was raining!!

1  Thank moonymik747