All reviews apple tart the early bird menu three courses recommend this hotel open prawn sandwich last saturday best fish and chips piping hot lamb shank homemade granola weekend break cooked to perfection booked this hotel recent trip salmon amazing food brown bread
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely dinner here the last time we visited. I had the bacon and cabbage, and it was excellent. Really enjoyed the meal from start to finish.

1  Thank margaretm294
Reviewed 24 June 2017

I had the chicken on ciabatta bread sandwich and it looked to be thrown together haphazardly.
Someone ordered fish and the whole restaurant smelled of a strong fishy odor. Awful!
There were four other people in the restaurant besides me. The young waitress acted like she could care less about being there let alone serving me. Not a good experience.

1  Thank Landlock47
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and I greatly enjoyed our seafood dinner here. We ordered the oysters and smoked haddock for starters. They have their own tank which means you know the seafood is fresh. My husband had the mussels and frites and I had seafood bouillabaisse. Again, both fresh and tasty with generous portion sizes. Definitely a must-try in this small Irish village.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank ChiNicole
Reviewed 23 May 2017

we booked dinner and lunch while down on a basketball trip to Oughterard. The staff were very helpful and the food delicious. Some of the parents stayed in the hotel and were very happy with the facilities, esp breakfast.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Ruth O
Reviewed 7 May 2017

I dropped down to collect my wife and her friend who had stayed there for a couple of nights. They really enjoyed themselves and thought that the food and accommodation was very good. I arrived early in the morning, so I had breakfast with them, which was also very good and after looking at the evening menu, I realised that I should have come down the night before, but we will be back.

Date of stay: September 2016