All reviews apple tart the early bird menu three courses recommend this hotel open prawn sandwich last saturday best fish and chips piping hot lamb shank homemade granola weekend break cooked to perfection booked this hotel recent trip salmon amazing food brown bread
Reviewed 27 March 2017

Stayed in Connemara Lake Hotel recently. Thought staff were excellent. Dinner and breakfast very good. Bedroom a big let down. Not enough room for double and single bed. (Only double bed requested). A selection of miss matched poor quality furniture. No table or dressing table. No litter bin. No glasses. No hair dryer. Carpet in corridor and stairs filthy. A great pity because it is a great location and with a little attention this could be a lovely hotel

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

I felt compelled to write a review having a beautiful meal in the bar tonight. I don't write much reviews, but felt this ace deserves one. Someone complained on trip advisor about no parking- your in Connemara what we're you expecting - a mutistorey?? There is ample Street parking anyway right outside the door for free. Rooms are cosy and clean. There is a real cosy, home feel about this hotel, and the bar/restaurant is really pretty with a wood burning stove in front. Food is excellent and the owners and staff are lovely people. I highly recommend staying here if you go to Connemara....you won't regret it...
It's a real Gem, I stay in a lot of hotels and this has great character and a real Irish home feel, which is hard to find these days!!

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Rosie281
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Stay last weekend, on arriving, there was no parking, (later told there was free parking down the road quater of a mile) the 1st thing that hits you is the smell of stale beer and smoke. There was no staff in reception, i went into the bar and asked the only member of staff a lovely girl Dezenka, for help, she was the barmaid/waitress/receptionist. We signed in and went to our room / dogbox. The carpet up the stairs and hallways was filthy stained and worn. On opening the room door, the door hit the bed, although the room was bright and well decorated it was a single room with a double bed. The bathroom seemed ok but a closer look i found the PREVIOUS occupants toothpaste in and down the side of the water glass . I was glad we only stayed the night
We went down for dinner, it was a surprise, the food was lovely, the only thing was there was only 2 girls working the floor and also serving behind the bar, the placed was packed with coustomers. I would go back for food, it was lovely.
Breakfast the next morning, it was fine, a spread of jusices, cereal and cold meat and cheese. We had a full Irish, we had been advised to ask for 2 sausages as only 1 is served. The egg could do with being turned, not a fan of the raw look. Toast was served and my coffee was great. There was only 1 girl working the floor.
To finish great food, sadly the accomadation VERY poor

4  Thank Siobhan0205
Reviewed 13 March 2017

Stayed overnight on March 11th . I found the staff to be very friendly . The room was spotless and bed was very comfortable. Later that evening I ate in the restaurant/ bar area. The food was piping hot and delicious. I got the early bird menu so three courses with coffee cost me €26.00. Together with Breakfast the following morning which was again delicious the entire stay cost me €91.00. I believe anyone would find it difficult to beat that sort of value.
My only disappointment was the TV reception however I believe that is due more to location than any fault of the Hotel.
Parking is free outside the Hotel .
All in all a very enjoyable stay. I will go back.

Room tip: I didn't notice any noise at night however I was there at a quiet time of the year. In any case I cannot imagine it being too noisy.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Patrick P
Reviewed 13 January 2017

Went in for a family meal, not a busy time, served the wrong food (didn't even turn out to be another tables, just got our order entirely wrong). Waitress was rude and the head chef came out to start an argument with my father.
None of us even enjoyed our food when we got it in the end and didn't enjoy the hostile atmosphere. Plus, too expensive, trying too hard.

3  Thank harry308