All reviews apple tart recommend this hotel open prawn sandwich last saturday best fish and chips lamb shank homemade granola weekend break cooked to perfection booked this hotel salmon amazing food rooms were spotless brown bread chowder bed was very comfortable stayed here for two nights
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Stay last weekend, on arriving, there was no parking, (later told there was free parking down the road quater of a mile) the 1st thing that hits you is the smell of stale beer and smoke. There was no staff in reception, i went into the bar and asked the only member of staff a lovely girl Dezenka, for help, she was the barmaid/waitress/receptionist. We signed in and went to our room / dogbox. The carpet up the stairs and hallways was filthy stained and worn. On opening the room door, the door hit the bed, although the room was bright and well decorated it was a single room with a double bed. The bathroom seemed ok but a closer look i found the PREVIOUS occupants toothpaste in and down the side of the water glass . I was glad we only stayed the night
We went down for dinner, it was a surprise, the food was lovely, the only thing was there was only 2 girls working the floor and also serving behind the bar, the placed was packed with coustomers. I would go back for food, it was lovely.
Breakfast the next morning, it was fine, a spread of jusices, cereal and cold meat and cheese. We had a full Irish, we had been advised to ask for 2 sausages as only 1 is served. The egg could do with being turned, not a fan of the raw look. Toast was served and my coffee was great. There was only 1 girl working the floor.
To finish great food, sadly the accomadation VERY poor

Date of stay: March 2017
4  Thank Siobhan0205
Reviewed 13 March 2017

Stayed overnight on March 11th . I found the staff to be very friendly . The room was spotless and bed was very comfortable. Later that evening I ate in the restaurant/ bar area. The food was piping hot and delicious. I got the early bird menu so three courses with coffee cost me €26.00. Together with Breakfast the following morning which was again delicious the entire stay cost me €91.00. I believe anyone would find it difficult to beat that sort of value.
My only disappointment was the TV reception however I believe that is due more to location than any fault of the Hotel.
Parking is free outside the Hotel .
All in all a very enjoyable stay. I will go back.

Room tip: I didn't notice any noise at night however I was there at a quiet time of the year. In any case I cannot imagine it being too noisy.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Patrick P
Reviewed 13 January 2017

Went in for a family meal, not a busy time, served the wrong food (didn't even turn out to be another tables, just got our order entirely wrong). Waitress was rude and the head chef came out to start an argument with my father.
None of us even enjoyed our food when we got it in the end and didn't enjoy the hostile atmosphere. Plus, too expensive, trying too hard.

4  Thank harry308
Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

Freezing cold room on top floor with smell of smoke from the stove. Heater was broken. We came home sick from being so cold. When entering the hotel it has a warm cost feel. Bat was nice and food good. But rooms are really old and cold with a dirty carpet. Heating was a walk heater that didn't work. Shouldn't be open if they can't provide proper heating in the winter!

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2016

The only complaint I have is about the rooms.. Very basic , hard bed, very uncomfortable to sleep in.. And the further you went upstairs the colder it got.. Smell of damp and we had too put on our heating for room when we went in and trust me the room was freezing. Had go out for a walk while room heated up.. Staff was friendly.. Downstairs in bar and restaurant was lovely , but not overly heated either.. Food and service was lovely , np complaints there..

Room tip: Maybe if your travelling in winter might be good idea to ask staff would they put heating on in room before you arrive,,
Date of stay: November 2016