All reviews off the beaten path kylemore abbey dolores hostess home tea ireland connemara suggestions hosts
Reviewed 8 February 2015

I have never stayed somewhere that felt so much like home. Travelling on my own was daunting but Dolores welcomed me like an old friend. The room was clean, beautifully made up and had a breathtaking view. I was worried it might be cold after reading the previous review but that review couldnt have been further from the truth! The room was perfect and a nice warm welcome after being outside walking all day. There is a gorgeous lake at the bottom of the hill to walk around only 5 mins from the B&B and when I went I even had their black labrador for company.

The family were full of ideas and reccommendations of places to see and to have a drink which helped me to see the true Oughterard.Their food was fabulous especially the full Irish breakfast, which I sadly don't get in Australia!

The customer service was so great that this alone would bring me back. I will definitely be staying here on my next trip to Eurpoe. I cannot reccommend enough.

Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
6  Thank Wanderingwolfchild
Reviewed 8 February 2015

We stayed here for 3 nights. Fantastic welcome from the hosts Dolores and John. Greeted with tea/coffee and delicious homemade cakes. Breakfast was a feast of full irish with homemade bread and numerous cups of tea or coffee. Dolores and John were extremely helpful providing maps and giving detailed descriptions of places to see. Nothing was too much trouble. They offered us transport to nearest village where we could have a lovely meal in the evening and a few drinks and were more than happy to collect us. Would definitely recommend a visit!

Date of stay: December 2014
6  Thank mike8707
Reviewed 8 February 2015

Fantastic breath taking views just what the family needed. Owners made as feel completely at
Home b and b very clean and you will never go out hungry. Would recommend to all friends of all ages perfect any time of year

Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank Kim K
Reviewed 8 February 2015

We travelled to Oughterard for a wedding party in November with our three young children. On arrival at the guest house we were greeted by Dolores and her family and given a most warm welcome. We had tea and warm scones with jam which was perfect after our long drive. My youngest child had developed a sore throat on the flight over and Dolores had a remedy to hand. We were bowled over by the friendliness and care given our young family. In fact, my son had a fever in the night and Dolores offered to call out their local GP which was very kind. We had a most wonderful three night stay with this family who could not do enough for us. Our children particularly enjoyed the fabulous walks to the lake with the family dog in tow! Our breakfasts were hearty and filling which warranted us taking extra lakeshore walks! We will be returning in the summer for the Galway Races and will not stay anywhere other than here. Wonderful experience.

Date of stay: November 2014
Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank Wayne J
Reviewed 8 January 2015

My wife and I stayed here for four nights, Dolores and her family were so welcoming , the view from our bed room was fantastic , forest hill is five mins walk from the lake. ,the first evening we arrived we were served hot chocolate and home made scones,delicious ,,,,breakfast was amazing as live in a big city it was great to look out at the mountains as we relaxed,, will definitely be back

Room tip: All rooms are so pretty
Date of stay: January 2015