“Amazing food and customer service ”

Hallorans restaurant
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Oughterard
Price range: US$6 - US$29
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited Halloran on Friday evening last. I have been doing a slimming world for the past year and have asked restaurants before for no butter to be use and dressing on the side ect. Most of them oblige and food arrive and you know its blahhh and thats fine cause i asked for it like that But the food in Hallorans was beautiful cooked and tasted amazing. You can tell he is a top chef to be able to so this. They cooked potatotes from scratch and veg. He made a fat free sauce for me and a steak was just melt in your mouth. I will definitely be back again as i felt the waitress let chef now exactly what i wanted and he exceed my expectation. My husband had seafood chowder and he was licking the bowl and brown bread was to die for. Staff were so attentive. Would defo go again xx must book for Valentines Thank you Halloran Restaurant

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Mellysue is very astute. The proprietor and Head Chef ,Xin, was the Head Chef in Ballinahinch Castle for approx 9 years before opening Hallorans.
He really is the best and is right on top of his profession.
I always enjoy going to Hallorans. The lovely quaint traditional premises , the food ,service and staff are all top class.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Fab spot with lovely cuisine and excellent service to boot a hidden gem on the western Way . The tourism veteran in me totally conquerors.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

Amazing food in Halloran's restaurant in Oughterard, Co. Galway, about 15 miles approx on the Clifden road.

The staff to start with are so hospitable, they make you feel so welcome the moment you set foot inside the door. The restaurant is very nicely presented, stylist, bright and warm.
We had three totally different dishes and they were all divine, fish and chips were fluffy and tasty, the fish was hake, one had a beef stew with a scoop of gorgeous mash potato on top but its no ordinary stew its so tasty you wonder where this fantastic chef has been hiding but I bet he's being crafting his art for many years, I had tagliatelle the flavour was so good I used a spoon to make sure I didn't leave a drop of the delicious light creamy white sauce, it had prawns and salmon in this dish.
I had pear for dessert with ice cream it had a fabulous nutty bites going on, the pear was warm which I didn't expect and this made it even nicer, I'm not a huge fan of desserts but this I would diffidently get again,
This is probably the best food I have eaten in a restaurant in a while and I hope this restaurant keeps going for many years to come it has everything going for it.
We got the early bird special by chance which was excellent value at 20 euro for a 2 course meal. The choice on the menu was very good, something to everyone's liking.
Keep up the great work.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

Wow, were not expecting the exceptional cuisine and silver service we discovered in here.
We stopped here because we know people called Halloran, and it looked like it needed some patronage, being blended into the street-front and deceptively small and unassuming.
But WOW, it opened into an extremely well appointed fine-dining venue, and the expected pub food was haute cuisine of exceptional standard - and not even expensive!. So we came back several times during our stay, despite the good competition elsewhere.