“Nice, Fresh Meal”

Beshoffs of Howth
Ranked #17 of 45 Restaurants in Howth
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 29 October 2017

During my week+ in Dublin, I used the convenience of the DART to escape to Howth 3 times. The area is beautiful. But it wasn't until the last visit that my timing was such to allow me to enjoy a meal there. I chose Beshoffs basically because the choices on the menu appealed to me. I was not disappointed. I had a crab-claw appetizer that was excellent and then followed with a daily special of Lobster Risotto. Everything was quite flavorful and service was quick. I wasn't overly attended, but I didn't require it either. Pricing might have been a bit higher than other places but not so much that I felt cheated. I was very pleased.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

Sunday day trip to Howth - walked the cliffs - worked up a good appetite and wanted good fish and chips. Very, very disappointed. Bumptious, self important door man but very pleasant and friendly waiters. Ordered 3 Cod & Chips and bottle of wine. Wine ok, BUT two of our cod fillets were overcooked (dry and tough inside the batter) with very hard greasy batter. Given that this is a coastal town and with a high turnover of clients, we expected really good size and quality. For 19 euro, we got a small/medium piece of dried up cod in thick greasy batter with masses of thick chips. The mushy peas were good.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Came here on a Friday afternoon around three initially thought the service was slow with no one taking ownership one person sat us down nearly 10 mins later drinks order take someone else. Meal ordered took awhile. The food was good we had the seafood plater the best thing on the plate was the crab the worst was the lobster that was a little over cooked starting to go rubbery. We did look around to tell some one but there was no one around must have been a shift change as the staff we saw at the start were leaving.
Been here a few times so I might have been expecting to much.

Over all just good but I will be trying somewhere else next time.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Maybe it was just my high expectations but it was just okay.

We arrived via the DART. Not our first trip to Howth.

Seafood with a slight Spanish flare. I love the idea. Really, I do, but they don't quite pull it off.
A little pricey for what it is. I understand that the nice location on the pier is worth something but it wasn't enough for me.

The oysters I had were very good, but the fish and chips were just average.

I would go back. The staff were great! Very helpful and good bar service. Maybe things will be better on my next visit.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Yum tummy Delilah said go away from me and I'll let you know wha gwan and you can have fun with me that I would like you too but you don't know what you want