“Best fries”

Deep
Ranked #10 of 45 Restaurants in Howth
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Tel: 806 3921 They've got a couple of rave reviews from newspapers displayed in their restaurant, but unfortunately I didn't note which papers they were. Their seafood was incredibly fresh, perhaps bought right off of the docks. We had incredible fried oysters and a hearty seafood chowder as appetizers, then an earlybird seafood special for two for dinner which included fishcakes, crawfish, mussels, Dublin Bay Prawns, squid, smoked salmon, and a small salad. Beautifully plated, amazingly delicious. I hope you're able to get more info because this place is not to be missed!
Reviewed 1 November 2017

We had such a great time there, 4 of us were enjoyed it so much. The lobster is second-to-none and the chips is the greatest I have ever eaten :)

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Very good food for a decent price. Fresh fish and oysters. Also very friendly staff and a comfy setting!

Reviewed 29 October 2017

My husband LOVES oysters, and six varieties were offered so he started with an oyster choice for his appetizer and was very happy. Our waiter was great at advising us to try the platter for two of fried calamari, mussels, and a wonderful fish cake plus hand cut fries that we loved. It was the more expensive platter but so worth it. We had Guinness beer—of course!!!!

Howth is an amazing little town with restaurants everywhere. We were cold from the wind and luckily no rain but a storm called “Brian” had brought wind and rain...luckily no rain that day. We were ready to eat at noon, and this restaurant was open for morning coffee, and breakfast, etc., so we stopped in, and were happy they were switching to lunch just as we arrived. This is a fishing town so you can the best seafood from every local catch. Half an hour by train from Dublin.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

Did a stroll along the pier looking for a good value outdoor restaurant. The sun was shining and the fish was so fresh. Menu choices were good. Friendly and good service.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

Went here on the afternoon of 11 October. The restaurant itself is lovely and the staff were very friendly.We both had the same Early Bird Menu. Chowder was fairly average - very thin and not the best I've ever had. Both had Hake & chips. Again this was average. No side salad or peas and served with what I thought was tartar sauce but it was something which tasted mustard based. We decided to have a dessert. My partner had the bread & butter pudding which the waitress said was made with brioche. This was a very small portion. It was served in a piping hot bowl but the pudding itself was luke warm & seemed to consist of a couple of small pieces of brioche with the rest being just custard. I opted for Eton Mess which is normally a mix of crushed meringue, strawberries and whipped cream. The strawberries were replaced with mixed red berries and it tasted OK .. at the time! We had one glass of wine each and the bill came to just over 80 Euros. I felt it was expensive for what we had but I know this isn't a cheap area. The worse came later! Within an hour of getting home (a journey of an hour or so), I felt very ill and the ensuing "digestive pyrotechnics" were, to put it bluntly, fairly epic & lasted all evening. I have no food allergies or intolerances - there was definitely something amiss with the meal to make me sick like that (I suspect the dessert).I really don't like giving a bad review like this but food poisoning wasn't on the menu and I wouldn't wish it on anyone else. Would suggest the business owners check exactly what's happening in the kitchen with regard to food hygiene/stocks to ensure this doesn't happen again.