“DINNER ON THE WATER AT SUNSET”
Review of Aqua Restaurant

Aqua Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 45 Restaurants in Howth
Price range: US$27 - US$48
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Aqua Restaurant offers stunning views over the water at Howth Sound, delicious dining and attentive but unobtrusive service. If you visit once, you will want to return again and again. We have our own kitchen garden & lobster pots sponsored in local waters to deliver our commitment where possible to Irish food. To sum it up 'Seriously good food in a room with a view'
Reviewed 16 July 2016

Aqua Restaurant was closed to the public when I ate there as part of a large wedding party (approx. 90 people). The restaurant sits at the end of a wharf and overlooks the water. The food and the service were AWESOME. Dinner started at approx. 7:30pm with a pre-set menu. However, if dietary restrictions were involved, the staff was more than pleased to make a substitution. They were very attentive to the guests. As we ate overlooking the water, the sun began to go down. I have never seen a sunset like it in my life. It had not rained all day and the sunset lasted for over an hour. Such a pretty location to experience this!!

1  Thank RENEE U
AquaRes, Owner at Aqua Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2016

Dear Renee U
So nice to get feedback such as this.
We don't hold private functions every day of the week, weddings are very much bespoke, lovely to have someone post on Trip Advisor that they enjoyed the experience.
Do hope you will visit us again soon for lunch or dinner
Many thanks and take care

There are newer reviews for Aqua Restaurant

Reviewed 13 July 2016

Came for the early dinner prix-fixe, as I had spent the day exploring the harbor and surrounding nature trail. The waitstaff was absolutely lovely and treated me warmly and with respect. Had the seafood chowder and the fish and chips, both of which were delicious. I am picky about my seafood chowder, and this one was comprised of just the right balance of ingredients. Was at the restaurant as the sun went down, and the combination of excellent view and cuisine made for a delightful dining experience.

Dear Capall22
So pleased you caught a sunset with us, it's really magical, we are lucky to enjoy it most days
Thank you for choosing Aqua and thank you for taking the time to give us your positive feedback

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

I have been there twice. The view of the restaurant is great and very nice atmosphere. Great service and tasty seafood.
I would appreciate if they have fresh juices, but other than that I have no complain at all.

Dear Arwa1990
Delighted you enjoyed your visit with us
Will look into getting fresh juice, it is not a request we have had often but always happy to take feedback on board
Look forward to seeing you again soon at Aqua

Reviewed 13 July 2016

I rang to book here as we previously had good meals here. I could not understand the person who answered the phone and it took a long time to complete the booking. I asked for a window table but was told that this could be requested - but could not be confirmed. I booked for three o'clock and was immediately informed that they had to have the table back at five. This I don't like. Reluctantly, for the sake of my guests, I conceded to this.
The lunch itself was quite good but I remember better portions before. There were lots of window seats available.
We retired to the bar for drinks and left at about six o'clock - all tables empty! Perhps a front of house rethink is in order.
Overall good, but should have been so much better.

1  Thank mpgm63

Dear Mpgm63
We have to explain to guests on booking that window seats cannot be allocated in advance as we must look at bookings overall on the day. It is purely to manage expectations.
Also the notification of needing tables returned is just to explain how the restaurant works, we will never ask guests to leave unless we have other guests waiting for a table, we have a lot of walk in business so each day is different in terms of bookings
Our policy is not unusual, you will find it similar at any busy restaurant
Thank you for your feedback, we have noted your comments

Reviewed 12 July 2016

For what you pay, there isn't much to recommend in Aqua. Their seafood is tasty, and fresh, but you can get that at 5 other restaurants down the pier for half the price.

You're paying for the location in Aqua, which is obviously superb. And the food is good, don't get me wrong, but it's the same as I could cook in 10 mins at home with the right ingredients. But here you're paying €100 for the privilege (5 courses between 2 people). There is no flair in the kitchen, and at this price point I expect.some.

Dear Brianhc
Harsh review perhaps but you are entitled to your opinion
The calibre of restaurant in Howth is very high, you will get no argument from us on that.
Thanks for taking the time to share your views, we are very happy with what we offer our guests