“We found it badly managed”
Review of Lady Gregory Hotel

Lady Gregory Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Gort
Bristol, United Kingdom
“We found it badly managed”
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Arrived and found although had booked one twin and two singles, twin turned out to be a double. Staff it change it although they were not friendly and made no eye contact. Breakfast however was the worst experience. At 8.50 five or more staff were making up tables for lunch and sweeping around us which was extremely noisy. The restaurant manager seemed oblivious to the fact that they were doing this and not attending diners or the amount of disturbance it was causing. The breakfast itself was also very poor.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank tina f
USIT21, Manager at Lady Gregory Hotel, responded to this review, 19 September 2011
Dear Tina F

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us . Naturally I am disappointed to learn of the issues you encounteted whilst staying with us It is not our desire to upset any of our diners at breakfast. however as the hotel is quiet busy for lunch service our restaurant manager was merely giving commands and set up requirements for lunch service to our staff . I wish to apologise to you if you felt this was unwelcoming .The remaining points that you raised have being passed on to our head of departments .

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Polish first
Dublin
Reviewed 7 September 2011

My daughter had her wedding reception here and the hotel was wonderful. The service, the food, the staff, the rooms, the welcome we got - everything was perfect. I can highly recommend this hotel to any one looking for a lovely wedding reception.

Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed 26 August 2011

We stayed in a family room it was spotless no complaints had a full night sleep. Breakfast was delicious and ladies in dining room very friendly. Could not fault this hotel a total gem and staff in reception went out of their way to be helpful. We would highly recommend this hotel. Thanks to everyone in the lady Gregory

2 Thank Teresa M
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I stayed in the Lady Gregory for 2 nights with my mum to test it out as I'll be getting married there in a few weeks. It's a lovely hotel. The rooms are extremely spacious. The food was delicious (huge portions too). The spa and pool were lovely. The Gregory Suite (where weddings are generally held) is beautiful but I won't go into that as I'm sure I'll be writing a glowing review in a few weeks!
The main thing I'll say here is that I have never come across better staff in any hotel or indeed anywhere. They are exceptionally friendly and really go out of their way to help in every way they can. I eavesdropped on several conversations while I was there (only thinking of my future wedding guests, or course!) and everyone was commenting on how great the staff were.
So until the end of August... I'll leave it at that.

Room Tip: There are 2 types of rooms - older and more spacious or slightly smaller but more modern.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Carlow, Ireland
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Stayed here with my 12yr old son and loved it. Fantastic staff who couldn't do enough for you and nothing was too much trouble. My son changed his mind about what he wanted for breakfast after we'd ordered and when I asked the waitress (blonde lady, sorry didn't get her name) she rushed to change it. I apologised for causing her problems and she replied "don't ever apologise, that's what we're here for". May be only a little thing but I have stayed in hotels before that when we asked to change something on our order we have been made to feel like we're causing a nuisance and just doing it just to annoy staff. Not in the Lady Gregory. Overall the staff were great and the hotels facilities were fabulous. Will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: We had a double room on the second floor at the back overlooking a car park, which was very quiet
2 Thank Adaisy8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gort
28.3 km away
24.5 km away
Auburn Lodge Hotel & Leisure Centre
27.6 km away
Flannery's Hotel Galway

Been to Lady Gregory Hotel? Share your experiences!