“My meal of the year....so far”

The Lady Helen Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Thomastown
Reviewed 17 September 2018

I was fortunate enough to stay in this magnificent hotel over the summer and dine at the Lady Helen. This was a fantastic experience with every element of our meal perfect, exciting and full of taste. Service was perfect and understated... the food memorable showing a tantalising balance in its range of tastes and variety of favors. Each dish was exciting and complete. The resident vegetarian was also fully satisfied and rated her meal very highly ...this is a smart, competent kitchen and I look forward to a return visit. Our stay, the hotel and the surrounding grounds were magnificent and matched the perfection of the Lady Helen.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 12 August 2018

We ate here on Friday night. It lives up to its hype and is very worthy of its michelin star. Just to be warned that the tasting menu stops at 9pm. We were too late for it, so ordered a la carte. A starter and mains was more than enough food as they still have the extra palate cleansing courses. Wine was also very good, we let the somellier pick ours and she did an excellent job. We will be back.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Catherine W
Reviewed 7 August 2018

The restaurant is located within the magnificent Mount Juliet estate, the fabulous grounds and buildings are just the start of what was a fabulous eating experience. Entering the restaurant you get the feeling of going back to another era, the decor is so very classy.
My initial thoughts were that the restaurant was a bit formal for us but I did appreciate the excellent staff who are a nice mix of being attentive but not intrusive. The food was just exquisite, beautifully presented and difficult to fault, i was there with my partner and some good friends who also enjoy fine dining and we all shared the same view that the restaurant is very worthy of it's Michelin Star.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 31 July 2018

My family have stayed in Mount Juliet several times, but for my birthday present they arranged a weekend in an Air Bnb 4 Bed Golf Lodge on the estate. The house was so comfortable, on the edge of a wood with a large grassy swathe out the back. We had a new puppy with us and he loved it. We recommend the house. But the real treat was dinner on Friday night in The Lady Helen. We would have liked to dine there on the Saturday night, but the whole hotel was booked out for a corporate weekend. So the dining room was very quiet as the large group obviously had other dining plans for Friday. We were good company in ourselves so that wasn’t a problem. We had the tasting menu and each course that emerged surpassed the last. The dinner was a tour de force. Fresh, light, imaginative cooking, I could see why my children have been raving about it for years. You have to go and experience it yourself. I loved it.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

The food is wonderful and from start to finish our 7 course tasting menu with complimentary tasting wines was an experience to remember with delight. The service was perfect from all the staff amd the Michelin star was well earned by the chef. Mackerel cones, Green froth with pickles, Scallops with champagne & tropical fruit sauce, Guinness bread, Brill with bacon & garden peas, Lamb with artichokes and pepper sauce, Cucumber sorbet with yogurt, Espresso Martini & Deconstructed Tiramisu all delicious we thoroughly enjoyed each and every bite.

Date of visit: July 2018