Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TripadvisorUS$158
Priceline
Agoda.comUS$158
All reviews the river wonderful home full irish breakfast country home two nights irish countryside bed and breakfast a lovely stay two night stay breda nore ireland kilkenny sheep
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 October 2021

We stayed for one night in Ballyduff House, Thomastown, Co Kilkenny - the only downside was that we should have stayed for longer! Four poster beds, pure wool carpets, freestanding claw feet baths, A library with an actual secret door (only ever saw this on TV), fresh raspberries and a full Irish Breakfast with croissants just out of the oven and as much tea or coffee as you like... the prices were incredible - just €120 for a room with bed and breakfast! Ring Brid directly to book a room to escape to the country. Star gazing, bird song, walled garden, foxes, river walks - Guaranteed to make you want to return...

Room tip: All rooms are different, all equally charming
Date of stay: October 2021
Reviewed 3 October 2021 via mobile

We were on a few days break and just found this lovely Jem between Insteoige and Thomastown Kilkenny !
Bride was just lovely …
and from the moment we arrived the ‘Welcome’ Mat was out!!
A Beautiful and well appointed roomy master bedroom with all the expected charm of a period country house !
Our Breakfast was just lovely , freshly made and set us up very well for the day ahead !
Selection of everything and beautiful home made brown bread .. service with a smile and e everywhere was lovely cosy and very clean … we shall be back for sure !!
Plenty of room to stroll and enjoy
Didn’t have to time
check out the gardens thats for next time !!
(Our Bathroom not en-suite but that is expected in a country home and was not a concern )
We were Visiting from Galway

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2021

I booked 2 rooms back in May over the phone with the owner. I emailed that day to confirm and asked if they could confirm in writing too; I had seen reviews from 2018 advising they had turned up and there was no record of their booking so was slightly anxious the same would happen. Well when I phoned on the day of arrival, I was advised there was no record of the booking. The woman I spoke to was standing in while the owner was out. I requested they make alternative arrangements and they did. Very disappointing but not surprising. I would recommend confirming several times before you arrive!

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2021

We had an outstanding stay at ballyduff house. The property is amazing as well as the hospitality. Brede was a wonderful host and her breakfasts were the perfect start to our day. I wish we could have stayed more than two nights.

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 21 July 2021

Stayed one night while visiting a friend in the area - just wish I was staying longer. It was a very hot Tuesday and none of the restaurants in the nearby towns were open. We got a takeaway and went out to Ballyduff. The owner was so welcoming and friendly. We relaxed outside in the peaceful surroundings. Took a walk by the river behind the house. Went to bed in the huge room with a huge bathroom and countryside views. Slept like logs. We were able to choose our own breakfast time. Plenty of freshly made breakfast with big tea and coffee pots. If you are holidaying in that part of Ireland - you will not go wrong.

Date of stay: July 2021