Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$135
Agoda.comUS$134
TripadvisorUS$135
Lol.travel
FindHotel
All reviews the river woodstock gardens full irish breakfast wonderful hospitality country home two nights bed and breakfast following morning a lovely stay one night stay breda nore hostess ireland kilkenny
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 August 2021

I booked 2 rooms back in May over the phone with the owner. I emailed that day to confirm and asked if they could confirm in writing too; I had seen reviews from 2018 advising they had turned up and there was no record of their booking so was slightly anxious the same would happen. Well when I phoned on the day of arrival, I was advised there was no record of the booking. The woman I spoke to was standing in while the owner was out. I requested they make alternative arrangements and they did. Very disappointing but not surprising. I would recommend confirming several times before you arrive!

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2021

We had an outstanding stay at ballyduff house. The property is amazing as well as the hospitality. Brede was a wonderful host and her breakfasts were the perfect start to our day. I wish we could have stayed more than two nights.

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 21 July 2021

Stayed one night while visiting a friend in the area - just wish I was staying longer. It was a very hot Tuesday and none of the restaurants in the nearby towns were open. We got a takeaway and went out to Ballyduff. The owner was so welcoming and friendly. We relaxed outside in the peaceful surroundings. Took a walk by the river behind the house. Went to bed in the huge room with a huge bathroom and countryside views. Slept like logs. We were able to choose our own breakfast time. Plenty of freshly made breakfast with big tea and coffee pots. If you are holidaying in that part of Ireland - you will not go wrong.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ger l
Reviewed 21 August 2020

We thoroughly enjoyed a very relaxing 3-night stay in Ballyduff House. Beautiful comfortable rooms, excellent breakfasts. Fabulous location by the river Nore with Inistioge an enjoyable stroll away. Brede was the perfect host - relaxed but attentive, and very entertaining. Very good value for money. Highly recommend it!!

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2020

We have just come back from a two night stay in Ballyduffin house. We cannot praise it enough. The house and grounds are magnificent. TheNore flows at the back of the house. The parkland has sheep and cattle and lovely views from the elevated position, truly pastoral!Breege our host is very friendly and welcoming and it really felt like a home from home. Our rooms were gorgeous. If you like Jane Austen this is for you. The interior of the house is straight out of a period novel.
If all the above was not overwhelming, add to that the beauty of the towns and villages nearby and the natural scenery and glimpses of the Barrow and theNore as you drive around. There are medieval abbeys and priories everywhere steeped in history and the whole area is unlike anything in the rest of the country.

Room tip: All rooms had good views
Date of stay: August 2020