All reviews the river stunning house wonderful home incredible hospitality peace and quiet full irish breakfast georgian period tea and biscuits country home jane austen novel irish charm four poster bed guest rooms a wonderful stay two nights highlight of our trip thoroughly enjoyed our stay
Reviewed 22 October 2018

I chose this place primarily because I saw in the photos that it was located along a river. When I arrived I was a little taken aback at how stately and beautiful it was. It's like something out of a Jane Austen novel.

It's located several minutes' drive from nearby Thomastown. Tucked away at the end of a long drive, there's no need for keys. Ms. Thomas just told me to come and go as I pleased. When I asked what time breakfast was, she asked me what time I wanted it.

The room was large and with the most comfortable bed I slept in during my whole trip. No TV but then that would have ruined the ambiance of the place. Wi-Fi was plenty good, though.

When it came time to set out, Ms. Thomas gave me a great suggestion for a hike.

Very reasonably priced for what you get. If you want to feel transported, this is the place for you.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed last night in this stunning house with my sister. Couldn't fault a thing. We received a lovely warm welcome on a horrible wet evening. The room was stunning, spotless, comfortable and unique. Breakfast didn't didn't disappoint either - fresh fruit, full Irish - delicious. Really hope to return sometime. Very enjoyable stay and excellent value for money.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Ballyduff House is a bit special. It felt like we had travelled back in time to a period somewhere between the two world wars. The setting was spectacular, on the banks of the river Nore, a short drive outside Thomastown and surrounded by beautiful parkland.
Brid was very welcoming, the rooms were delightful and what a terrific Irish breakfast!
We will return.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2018

We were so pleased that we selected this home for a recent one-night stay, and we would have happily stayed longer. This is an older, sophisticated country home with pedigree. We felt privileged to enjoy it, loving the antiques and old books as we do. The bedroom was larger than any other we stayed in during our 18 days, and everything was carefully selected for beauty and comfort. Bred was a warm and welcoming host, and we would happily stay with her again. Breakfast in the lovely dining room was a highlight of our trip. Highly recommend this choice!

Room tip: All rooms are beautiful!
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2018

The house is wonderful, out in the country but close enough to get dinner at the wonderful Mount Juliet Golf resort. Hostess Bred will greet you with tea, biscuits and a nice chat, get you settled for a great sleep in the enormous guest rooms. Loaded with history and charm, we highly recommend Ballyduff. Travelled as a couple. PS Bred’s hot out of the oven croissants are to die for!

Date of stay: September 2018