All reviews the river stunning house wonderful home incredible hospitality peace and quiet full irish breakfast georgian period tea and biscuits country home jane austen novel irish charm four poster bed guest rooms a wonderful stay two nights highlight of our trip thoroughly enjoyed our stay
Reviewed 7 August 2018

We had this lovely estate recommended to us by the man we were doing a fishing trip with. It is on the river and a historic estate. I did not expect it to be so welcoming and how it felt like coming home. Breda welcomed us at the door, made a fire for us because we were a little chilled and we enjoyed it in the library. The atmosphere was like stepping back in time. Lots of antique furniture and decorations, beautiful views from evey window, a dining room filled with character and lovely china and a full Irish breakfast that was fabulous and served with Irish Charm. We had a room that was from my dreams and cloud for a bed! I loved each and every minute of it and hated to leave. Meals and evenings were spent with others who loved the place and Breda as much/more than I did and was lively and a fun time. I hope we can return someday. If you love historic places, you will love this.

Room tip: Our room was upstairs in the corner and beautiful. But I think they all have something special.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2018

I cannot tell you how much I love this place - this is not for those who want high speed internet or TVs in their rooms - but for those that will truly appreciate the incredible hospitality offered by the lovely Breda and her employees - and who will also appreciate this magnificent house with amazing views - especially the one from the dining room over the River Nore........and those that appreciate one of the best Irish Breakfasts I have had.........oh and the peace and quiet.......a real gem.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Great stay in Ballyduff House. Brid was most welcoming and a great host. Beautiful views & comfy rooms.
Breakfast was fantastic plenty for everyone. Location great, near Kilkenny and Mount Juliet Hotel. Would thouroughly recommend to anyone.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2018

The Ballyduff House is very special! The road leading up to the house and the house, itself is amazing. The owner, Brede is a fountain of local history, and an expert on where to go. Truly, Brede made our stay unique! Our room, really more a suite, was gigantic with a couch and sitting chairs, windows that open to the river and views into the back. The hot and plentiful breakfast was served to each of us - endless coffee or tea, flaky croissants, fresh eggs, meats, and yogurt. We had a wonderful time and recommend it without a hesitation. In fact, if you're in the vicinity, go peek at this one. It is worth the trip!

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed in Ballyduff House for comfortable one night stay close to Mount Juliet estate and enjoyed owner Breed’s hospitality: great personal service and the full Irish breakfast was a triumph! Well maintained period house in good condition so don’t expect modern wet rooms etc!

Trip type: Travelled with friends