US$167
Ardeen B&B(Cobh)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$143
US$137
Fota Island Resort(Fota Island)
US$171
All reviewschinese restaurantbox of chocolatesevery morningfresh sconesgreat viewcobh harboursteep hillgreat place to staytop floorlovely staffhome away from homefriendly hotellovely touchcouldn't do enoughopen firefamily roomexcellent stay
Reviewed 5 April 2018

First of all, I must say that the Hotel is located in a perfect place. we stayed in Bella Vista as a group of 18 people in different rooms. The main thing you notice is You actually fall in love with the spot. The hotel is facing towards the shallow waters and a splendid view where you can see 'One of the Worlds rarest churches in the county side which is a must visit if you are there*. The hotel staff especially, Mr. Fredrics the Hotel Manager who was extremely friendly and was courteous to our needs right from handling luggage to the rooms. Colette, the receptionist was very really welcoming while we were checking and the breakfast was fueled by happiness and very delighted to have well-made scones & had a superb 'Irish Breakfast'.Also, the entire hotel was very clean and fresh to stay in the rooms.
Following, during the night time, The Bar Man John was really a Craic in serving remarkable drinks and have a great list of the cocktail menu on the side.
The food was amazing and tastes so good, especially the Chinese Salt & Pepper chicken* from the Chinese restaurant really goes along with the drinks as starters.
Also, its a 5 min walk to the Cobh town, where you can meet very affable, amiable and congenial people who welcome tourists like I have never seen. I highly recommend this place to everyone who goes to Bella Vista and I hope I can revisit this special place every year.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room*
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the bella vista, albeit short and sweet, due to a work visit.

The room was very spacious and had a wonderful nights sleep which is very important for me, when travelling on business.

Breakfast was the highlight for me. I also got to enjoy a few pints in the hotel bar and a whiskey or two from the huge variety of whiskeys they have to offer, which is a really nice touch!

Staff were really friendly and welcoming!!

Hope to see you all soon!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Just wanted to express my thanks and gratitude to all at the Bella Vista Hotel!!!!

Thank you for making our stay a very warm and unforgettable experience. Myself and my family, which included my husband and five year old son felt at home during our stay.

We were greeted by the owner Kevin, along with other members of staff, who really couldn’t do enough for us!

We visited Cobh due to the huge maritime history that the town has to offer and cannot wait to return in the summer with our friends and family.

Kevin kindly showed us a larger room, upon request, to cater for our bigger party which offered breathtaking views!!

Look forward to seeing you all again soon!!

Would highly recommend staying at this lovely hotel to anyone visiting Cobh!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Kevin and all the team at Bella Vista were more than accommodating during my stay. Nothing was an issue at any stage. The rooms were perfect - clean, spacious, warm and comfortable and the views are something spectacular! Food was 1st class and the bar was very cosy.
I highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Cobh. It made my stay more than pleasant 5***** !

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Just checked into Bella Vista Hotel and my first impression is that the room could do with a good clean and it was very shabby. I understand the hotel is in the middle of renovations but it should be clean at the very least. When I went to reception to complain the person was not very nice and couldn't offer me another room and told me if I wasn't happy to just check out.. very unprofessional. In the end we left the hotel. The lady on reception had a terrible attitude. I would not
recommend this hotel . Do not stay in this hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
BellavistaCobh, Manager at Bella Vista Hotel & Self Catering Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hello Caroline,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, although we do feel that this is a very unfair representation of our hotel and our friendly staff. As you correctly pointed out we have been renovating recently to update and upgrade our facilities and keep the hotel looking fresh, as we always make sure our guests comfort is at the centre of our attention. However our housekeeping team are working as hard as ever to make sure that these works do not affect guests and everything is presented as it should be, so I do not accept your comments that “the room could do with a good clean” or “it is very shabby”. If you read down through our hundreds of other reviews you will see that many people comment on how spotlessly clean out hotel rooms are and this is something we are very proud of.

The main issue here was caused by a problem outside of our control. When you arrived to check in our reception staff welcomed you and showed you to your room, everything we great at this stage. Shortly after being brought to your room you discovered both the toilet and sink had no water running to them and you brought this to our attention straight away. We investigated to discover that the council had closed of water supply to our street for a number of hours while carrying out engineering works and they had not given us any notice. We apologies as this was a matter completely out of our control and reassured you that we were doing everything we could by phoning the council to get water turned back on. However the fact you had no running water in your room became an issue which made you no longer want to stay with us. We completely understand your upset at the lack of running water but as our staff pointed out at the time this was out of our control and we were not provided with any notice regarding this from the council but we would do our best to get it turned back on A.S.A.P.

45 minutes later you phoned reception and asked if you could move to a different room as you were unhappy with the one you were in. We would have had no problem moving you only we were fully booked and all other guests had already arrived so there was no other room free. Our receptionist on duty phoned both of the other 2 hotels in Cobh to check their availability and on discovering they both had rooms she then offered you a full refund if you would prefer and said she would book you into one of the other hotels as we were not sure when the water supply would be back. You accepted the refund but declined the offer of us booking you into another hotel. Following a number of phone calls to the council and Irish Water supply returned at 4:30 (an hour after we discovered the problem).

We feel that this negative review is very unfair as your upset stemmed from an issue completely out of our control and our staff on duty did their utmost to resolve the situation but you had got it into your head that you were not happy as a result of this. The hundreds of other positive reviews we receive here as well as our high level of returning gests speak for our great level of customer service and the cleanliness of our hotel. I hope that you can understand we really did do everything we could and as pointed out the water supply returned shortly after. Maybe if you are returning to Cobh at some point you will give us a call and we would be delighted to look after you in one of our sea view rooms overlooking Cork Harbour and Cobh Cathedral so you can experience the joy that all our other gests do.

Kind regards,