Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 27/05/22
Agoda.comUS$148
eDreamsUS$136
FindHotel
All reviews waters edge lovely hotel sea view night break both nights short break spike island fish and chips cork harbour full irish would highly recommend this hotel top class following morning balcony town boats quay
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 September 2021 via mobile

Recently had a two night stay in this beautiful little hotel and must say we have no complaints. Its rated a 3 star hotel so we knew exactly what to expect and we weren't disappointed. We stayed in double room in front of building with a beautiful view of river Lee. Room was clean, bed was comfortable and bathroom was fine. Check in was fast and we requested an early check in and the gentleman at reception duly obliged. The staff we friendly and helpful, breakfast was good and outdoor seating available with fantastic views. Dinner was perfect, reasonably priced with quality and quantity. Location was perfect and some lovely pubs, restaurants and coffee shops within few meters. Foto wildlife park is only 15 minutes by car and ferry to Spike island is just few meters from hotel. Cobh is fabulous little town to visit and for watersedge hotel and cobh a perfect combination for a short break.

1  Thank m and p S
Reviewed 30 August 2021 via mobile

Really nice hotel, had dinner and breakfast here as well which were lovely - the view of the harbour is fab! The room was very clean, comfortable and sanitised as well which was reassuring. The underground car park was very handy as well and the location is excellent, only a short walk to all the activities along the quay

Room tip: If you're looking to park here try and come earlier in the day as it seems to fill up quickly around dinner time
Reviewed 16 August 2021

Popped in without a booking early evening during the raid and asked about having a drink and a meal. They could not have been nicer and the food was really tasty - freshly battered fish and a really tasty burger. We were able to enjoy the view over the bay and harbour - during our recent trip to Cork the staff here were by far the best - really genuinely friendly and efficient. would highly recommend eating here - will stay here the next time. Thank you.

Reviewed 3 August 2021 via mobile

So. This is only about my 5th review ever so I don't usually do this unless I feel I need to.

I came here for one night with my girlfriend as the end of our mini staycation. This hotel was by faaaar the most expensive one we stayed at but we were like it's the end of the trip and it's Cobh and all that.

Hotel itself is fine, not the worst but defo not the best. Rooms have creaky beds and outdated furniture. Bathrooms are nice but so so small.

The restaurant. I don't think I've ever eaten in a worst place in my life, for both dinner and breakfast the next morning. I've seen the other reviews and I don't know if we just got a bad day or two from the chef but it was terrible.

Had the calamari for starter. Came out cold. Then had the fish and chips and my gf had the hake, both were bland and just no flavour. We couldn't wait to leave and head up the town

The following morning we were waiting nearly and hour for our breakfast to arrive. My girlfriends scrambled eggs were cold and you could throw it out the window and it would come back in to you it was like rubber. My fry arrived and it looked ok, I mean, how can you mess up a fry? Wrong. Took one bite from my poached eggs and I nearly threw up on the table as it tasted like having a spoon of vinegar!! I'm aware chefs use vinegar to help the white of the egg coagulate, but what I tasted really showed up the quality of the chef inside.

I'm no food critic, but I've eaten on enough places to know a terrible one when I see one. Again I don't know if we just got the place at a bad time, considering other reviews are ok but I personally, will never come here again. Very disappointing end to our staycation after the oroce we paid!

Only reason didn't get one star is down to the staff being excellent and really friendly!

Reviewed 2 August 2021 via mobile

As the name suggests this hotel is beautifully located by the water. The room was spacious and very clean and tidy. The tea making facilities were inside a plastic bag which was dated as to when it had been sanitised. This showed us how serious they took the cleaning of the rooms. We got a brilliant day so were able to sit outside on the terrace which was lovely. The food in the restaurant was delicious with lots of choice.

Date of stay: July 2021