“You need to be fit for Cobh Golf Club”
Review of Cobh Golf Club

Cobh Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Opened in June 2009, this is 18 hole championship standard golf course with USGA specification greens and an Island Green at the par 3, 10th. The magnificent site at Marino is located in an elevated position and offers stunning views of the inner harbour, the estuary and surrounding countryside.
Reviewed 15 July 2015

Very friendly Golf Pro, easy online booking and good visitor rates.
This is a lovely course with great views over Cobh Harbour but if you are not very athletic or of a senior vintage I would recommend that you book a buggy.
My wife and I had a great round there today in glorious sunshine.
I would have given 5 stars if the new club house was built.

1  Thank Leo M

Reviewed 29 April 2015 via mobile

Pro shop small and friendly. Course high up with good views of Cobh, challenging holes and some easy ones, if windy makes you think about club selection. I had an enjoyable 18 holes.

Reviewed 26 April 2015

this is one hell of a tough track , very challenging holes ,very easy holes makes it an enjoyable experience ,stunning views of cork harbour ..to be recommended !!!

2  Thank squiremag
Reviewed 7 November 2014

I arrived in Cobh to visit the Heritage Museum and also hoping to play golf. My B and B host, Frank O'Brien of Nyali Lodge whipped out his notebook and got me a tee time for that weekend for 20 Euro, a five Euro discount. What a delight playing this course. Drop dead gorgeous views of the harbor and estuary. It was lovely weather, around September 21st. David Sloane, the pro there, set me up with rental clubs and a motorized buggy for a very reasonable price. I played solo but didn't have much trouble getting around, just followed the player in front of me. I would definitely recommend this course for golfers of any ability. Bring your camera for some great shots. Modest dining facilities with a cute outdoor deck. I didn't eat there but the prices looked reasonable. This is not a fancy place, but a course where locals play which I prefer.

1  Thank SFCindy
Reviewed 15 October 2014

Cobh is located about 5-10 minutes outside the city and about 4-5 minutes from Cobh itself. It offers a nice challenging course on the front 9 and back 9. The signature hole is the 10th but the 12th is just as hard. Both are surrounded by water and are great fun to play. The Par 5's can be either reachable in two but if the wind is blowing it'll play tough. So great height elevation changes on the course but one or two hills to negotiate.

The grub is nice and the staff in the Pro shop are friendly.The views of Cork and the surrounding areas from the first, fourth, seventh tee and ninth green are amazing. Definitely worth a visit, it's fantastic on a nice Summer's day.