Lowest prices for your stay
US$193
View deal
Free cancellation until 14/07/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Official Hotel Site
US$171
View deal
PricelineUS$193
TravelocityUS$193
Destinia.comUS$190
1,681 results
All reviews bantry bay west cork leisure centre ocean restaurant lovely hotel the underground car park family suite bar food sitting room hotel bar top class following morning both nights staff were lovely porridge a lovely stay enjoyable stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 May 2022

We stayed in the Maritime hotel for 2 nights in a family suite, which was great because it was huge and even came with a little kitchenette. Beds were comfortable enough, my daughter who is only 5 slept on a sofa bed which wasn't very comfortable but was ok for her, I don't think it would be great for a 10 year old or adult. The room was very clean and equipped with all toiletries including shower cap, maybe some cabinet or shelves to put our own toiletries on would have been a nice touch.

The breakfast was nice and plenty. We had food in the bar one night and the staff were very friendly and helpful, the food was also really good. We also had dinner in the Ocean restaurant on the first night, but we really did not think much of the food. It was average and just felt underwhelming for the price we paid. On the other hand, staff were friendly and couldn't fault them at all.

The pool area was nice and clean, maybe a few loungers around the pool would be a nice addition to it.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this hotel but I would stay away from the Ocean Restaurant.

Room tip: There are lots of room overlooking the bay, which I would recommend
Date of stay: May 2022
Danielle O'Rourke, Guest Services / Front Office at Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear ItalianinDub

Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your stay. Our staff really are fantastic and work very hard to ensure you enjoy your time with us.

Our sofabeds are only suitable for children under 12 and we do not allow adults to sleep on them. We are however, in the progress of upgrading them so you will see new sofa beds on your return to us.

Thank you for your recommendations and I will certainly discuss with the team.

Many thanks, Danielle

Reviewed 10 May 2022 via mobile

Stayed with friends but on arrival caught tyre on pull in curb - beware it’s very high. Staff let us stay til breakdown arrived. Went up to room but there was some smelly repairs going on in corridor. We mentioned it so reception was aware and without prompting were upgraded. Good spa. Bar comfortable with great live music. Food very good!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear VineHouseOsterley

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am delighted to read that Reception were able to rectify the room allocation so promptly for you.

The staff will be delighted to read your comments.
We look forward to welcoming to you the hotel in the future.

Thanks, Danielle

Reviewed 9 May 2022

The room/bathroom was huge compared to most European hotel rooms. The bar and staff were very friendly. Breakfast was delicious with lots of options and plenty to eat. Our room was great for one night but it was not overlooking the bay which was kind of disappointing. Had we stayed more than a night I might of asked to move. We were overlooking and alley with their empty liquor bottles. So I would definitely request a waterfront view.

Room tip: Ask for waterfront

Dear theplanner410

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your time with us at the Maritime Hotel.
We have rooms to the front facing the harbour and to the back facing the woods of Bantry House. We accommodate requests where possible so please do request a harbour-view on your return to us.

We look forward to seeing you again soon
Thanks, Danielle

Reviewed 18 April 2022 via mobile

We had a Easter break at the Maritime Hotel in Bantry and I wanted to write this review as we were really happy with our stay. Since Covid I find customer services is not good in a lot of places and a shortage of staff but this hotel was fantastic. We checked in on Friday and reception staff were all very pleasant and helpful with our enquiries and checking in in particular a young guy called Ben. We ate in the bar and food was lovely and the staff were all very friendly and also music on both nights which was great. Breakfast was another very nice surprise as the breakfast room was not very large but all managed very well and no queues, great breakfast choice and food was hot. Again staff very present in particular a lady called Pauline. We didn’t get to try the pool but looked lovely. We really enjoyed our stay and we will return again in the future.

Room tip: The hotel has parking across the road under ground.
Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Elaine Dempsey, General Manager at Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2022

Hi Taylor19Carlow,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review. We appreciate all your kind comments in relation to our team and I will be sure to pass your comments on to each department. it is unfortunate that you did not have the opportunity to visit Club Maritime as they have a 19m Pool , State of the art gym sauna steam room and hot tub. We also have a variety of treatments available in our YouTime treatment room. I'm glad to hear you will be returning and we can't wait to welcome you in the future.

Reviewed 16 April 2022 via mobile

I thought I'd already left this review but can't find it and still have the pics on my phone so perhaps not.

Lovely hotel but very confusing room. You walk in and there's doors everywhere. I would assume we were in a room which can be joined but it would have been good to have that explained.

We stayed as the high kings were playing. The show was great but I would have hated to have been sitting near the back where there were a lot of drunk rowdy people. Having seen the HK all over ireland this was our first experience of this. We didn't let it put us off. We realise people haven't been out in a long time!

We loved the food and enjoyed drinks in the bar. Despite the restaurant being very dark and hard to see in.

Date of stay: December 2021