“West Cork fish tastes wonderful in Arundels.”

Arundels by the Pier
Ranked #9 of 43 Restaurants in Bantry
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 16 September 2018

West Cork is a magical place - heavenly when the sun shines with wonderful scenery and a chilled out atmosphere. The annual Taste of West Cork Food Festival with its many events a great time to visit if you are able to get reservations. So we went with high spirits to the Taste of the Sea event in the simple pub restaurant on the Ahakista sea front to enjoy local sea food. The menu was very good creating some impossible choice dilemmas for some of us and there was a nice albeit not enormous choice of reasonably priced and palatable wines. The portions were generous also and all six of our group were very happy with their dishes except for the recipient of the surf and turf who thought It somewhat overcooked. I greatly enjoyed my scallops and smoked salmon starter but did also look a little covetously at my friends crab and lobster ravioli starters. For mains my monkfish looked great and tasted wonderful and I felt I had made the best choice compared with the other options of sea bass, cod, mussels and the fore-mentioned surf and turf. The service was good if a little slow and sadly the wine came opened to our table rather than being opened at the table. But overall a great night out for a quite reasonable cost in an authentic traditional and charming location. Shame about the rain though but that’s West Cork for you.
Arundels by the Pier is definitely worthy of a stop for a pint or, more.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

one of the best bets in West Cork. We have been here regularly with never a bad moment.
We can only recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

A lovely little pub with very friendly staff. We sat outside in the sunshine overlooking the sea and I had the best gluten free fish an chips I've ever eaten. The fish was gorgeous. Lovely spot off the beaten track. Great views.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

A very good lunch. Sun helped eating outside in September. Very tasty good service and reasonable price.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

My wife and a cousin sampled Arundels by the Pier while overnighting at a nearby B&B. We found it to be a gem, one that quite lives up to its reputation and positive on-line reviews. We ate off the pub menu and enjoyed our meals very much. (Me- Broccoli & Sun dried tomato pasta with chicken; the others had the Steak Sandwich and the Fish and Chips...all three entrees were reasonable at 14.50€ each.) We sat in the upstairs dining room next to an open window overlook the quay. The waitstaff was attentive and friendly. All in all, a very positive experience.

1  Thank Jerry L