“Good food”

Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2018

Good food in a rustic building overlooking the bay in a country setting. A very nice place to stop when we are out on a drive.

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Staying in West Cork for a few days. Arundels mentioned by a few. So decided to try out. To start with a lovely drive from Bantry to Ahakista. We did not have a booking - called in around 5.45. The minute we walked in the door the person who greeted us engaged with us. We could eat downstairs as long as we were left by 19.30 or room upstairs opening at 6. We chose the latter option. We share a crab gratin starter. Oh just delicious. And we both had the fish & chips. Such a plentiful portion. A glass of Chardonnay & Merlot. Excellent. And great value. I will not be passing Arundels again without calling in. Would recommend booking for the evening so as not to be disappointed.

1  Thank annef918
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Had such a beautiful meal here with my family!
We are here for a special occasion and I must admit with the numbers coming in at all different times and people joining tables, it was dealt with superbly!
The food was beautiful I had the chowder here and it was lovely and the bread was homemade and was beautiful! My husband had the chef special of the day which was amazing the taste and flavour from the food worked!
Beautiful meal and everyone that was seating at the table said they would be back!
Well done to all!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

if you find yourself anywhere near Bantry Co Cork go out the Sheep’s Head Peninsula, 5 miles from Durrus Village and 12 miles from the popular market/coastal town of Bantry , and on the way out you'll pass this magnificent place on the right just at the harbour or as they call it the pier. I was on my way back from Sheep's head haven gone for a long walk and was peckish, well it was the best thing I did. The staff are friendly, but sure aren't they all on the "wild atlantic way" . . . did NOT want fish and chips, but something healthier, well I had a look at the menu, the seafood chowder, jumped out and the mussels, OMG, this was just excellent, my first note was to say pass on the recipe
and I had the main course of mussels, they were the BEST mussels I've had in a VERY long time as was the seafood chowder I had a rock shandy as I was driving I'de have loved a glass of crisp white but decided to be good. This is a MUST stop on the way to of from Sheep's head and very reasonable if my memory serves me the chowder was just over €8 . . and worth every cent. It looks over the water and on a sunny day they have there sun brollies up . . . you can look out over the pier and the yachts. 100%

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

A great place to stop for lunch or dinner! Fantastic views of Ahakista harbour and Dunmanus Bay. A great menu - the fish and chips were excellent. Be warned - the serving sizes are deceptively large!