“Outstanding! Food was great and we couldn't have asked for better service.”
Review of Willie Pa's Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

Willie Pa's Bar & Restaurant
Price range: US$6 - US$41
Cuisines: Irish, Steakhouse, Contemporary, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Our family enjoyed Willie Pa's! There was quite a few of us and everyone enjoyed there meal. One of the best meals and value in Ireland. We would recommend Willie Pa's to all.

Reviewed 15 July 2011

Beware the large portion size. Relaxed, welcoming and reliable. With very good local food.

1  Thank Sean_M01
Reviewed 9 June 2011

We live locally and use this restaurant regularly.We have taken many friends there and we have never ever had a bad meal.It really is a gem of a place and we really love it.Great staff, incredibly efficient and even when the place is packed the service is never slow. Food is wonderful and portions are very generous. The Maitre'd is excellent. Good for Sunday lunch.Booking is essential although we have gone early and they have found us a table for two.

Reviewed 6 May 2011

I have eaten here on a number of occasions when I come home to Bantry. I have also brought friends along on occasion and everyone loves it. It has a charm, it's not modern decor wise but it has an updated buy homely feel. The manager/maitre d is grade 'a' and makes you feel like you are doing him a great favour by eating at his restaurant, which makes a change from City joints.

Nothing is too much trouble, on one occasion a bottle of wine we had ordered had run out, he apologised personally and offered us a much better bottle at the price of the old one. The food is local, fresh and fantastic. Although, they probably give you too much. 2 courses is more than enough here. I travel a lot and eat out a lot, this takes some beating. The style of the place may not be to everyone's taste, but the food will be. You also have to book, it's always packed. We have friends that regularly drive an hour to eat there. I haven't got a bad word to say about the place to be honest.

3  Thank Twilliam01
Reviewed 1 May 2011

I had dinner here with my wife and two children (11 and 7) on the Sunday night of the May Bank Holiday weekend and we were very happy with the whole experience. We had drinks in the bar first while the Connemara-born co-owner welcomed us and went through the menu and specials before taking our orders. We were called to take our place in the dining room just in advance of our starters being ready. Nice. I won't go into the minutiae of what we all ate but suffice it to say that it was all very, very good. My family and I are all seafood-lovers and we didn't have any red meat courses between us. But I've no reason to think those options wouldn't also have been excellent (and some thick-cut steaks served to an adjoining table looked absolutely mouth-watering!). In conclusion, we will definitely be coming back next time we're in this part of the county and I'd be happy to recommend Willie Pa's without hesitation.

1  Thank Cantalach