“Brilliant food”

O'Connors Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 39 Restaurants in Bantry
Price range: US$7 - US$29
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: This is a very stylish restaurant. With modern decor. This is the perfect place to bring your family or business associate. We also have a private dining room.
Dublin, Ireland
“Brilliant food”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I got engaged in bantry in November and choose O'Connors as the restaurant to eat in after myself and my girlfriend got engaged.
The manager was excellent and provided a great service. The food was exceptional. I highly recommend this place...

James from Dublin

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank jim d

Waterford, Ireland
“Not great”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We recently visited O'Connor's Seafood Restaurant and were looking forward to a good meal in lovely surroundings we were very dissapointed. The restaurant was not busy when we arrived but we were put at a table in the front of the restaurant so near the people next to us on either side we could hear both of their conversations. My husband had seafood pie which was very bland and slightly watery. I had the chicken that was good. I asked to see the wine menu and when I picked the only bottle of rose wine on the menu I was told that they don't stock rose wine in the winter its not a big seller, they only stock it in summer time?? the food was served too quickly and we felt we were being rushed. We went into the restaurant at 7.30p.m. and were finished the whole meal and out by 8.15p.m.
We had the early bird menu and it was good value but overall the whole night was a bit of a shambles and we won't be returning.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank MGIreland
“Wonderful evening, the food was to die for the best sea food i've ever had.”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Booked a table for two from reading reviews on tripadvisor. I was surprised and delighted with O'Connors sea food restaurant in bantry. The menu was unreal. Do try the specials board. Will b back again.

3 Thank Nero_13
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Disaster!”
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Made a reservation for this restaurant a week before hand for myself and my partners anniversary, the girl I dealt with on the phone was very friendly and polite. However, when we arrived at the restaurant (after a 45 minute drive) the doors were shut and there was a sign on the window stating the restaurant was closed till the following day. Did not receive as little as a phone call informing me of this even though I had made a booking and left my phone number. Management obviously don't have a clue what their doing or how to run a business. Terrible, would not recommend it. Went to a new restaurant in town called 'Tractors' after our disapointment and would recommend this place, very efficient and tasty with great value for money and we had a good anniversary in the end!

• Visited January 2012
8 Thank Shannon C
Fort Worth, Texas
“Good seafood, imaginative dishes, poor service”
Reviewed 11 January 2012

We arrived with a reservation, although it was not needed as it was early and the place was nearly empty.

I had to go to the kitchen and ask someone to acknowledge our presence.

Our meals were very good, I tried a wild boar pudding topped with big juicy scallops that were cooked perfectly and crab cakes for a starter. Seasonings were just right.

No one came to check on us. After waiting 10 min. for water, I got up and found a pitcher to serve water for us myself. It was a bit aggravating!

• Visited September 2011