All reviews hot tub bottle of champagne lassanroe barn milk in the fridge rose petals on the bed on arrival my boyfriend sky tv romantic break flip flops two nights cottage number little touches attention to detail highly recommend these cottages west cork salt pepper
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

First of all I'd like to mention I never post reviews (this is the first). This was hands down the best place I've ever stayed and I've stayed in amazing 5 star hotels in Thailand. It's was the small things that made a massive difference (fresh milk in the fridge for tea or coffee when you got in, bottle of champagne, Bluetooth speakers etc). It felt like the cottage was prepared just for us and not just another customer. It was perfect! Couldn't recommend enough! 6 stars...

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

I am late posting a review as our stay was in January. These cottages for couples were so worth the 4 & 1/2 hour drive. Surrounded by fields it's very peaceful and quiet. Our hot tub was on a 2nd floor balcony and although there was a storm during our stay there it was so nice to sit out at night in the hot tub. Cottage was newly renovated and I loved the decor. We will return.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Lovely people lovely place would definitely go again. Would recommend going if need to relax. Good selection of cottages. Caters to everyones preference. Comes with special deals with local businesses.

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed for two nights here for a break and it was perfect. We stayed in the Riverbanks Cottage and its down a quiet country lane where there is no noise at all, no cars, no people just silence. If you want to sleep during the day bring a picnic mat with you, spread it out on the lawn next to the river and drift off.

The cottage is less than ten minutes from Skibereen so you can enjoy a night out with a drink and get a taxi home which is nice when one of you always has to drive on nights out as we do.

There is plenty to do in skib from the heritage centre, famine exhibition, some galleries etc.

A great place to eat is The Church restaurant, the interior is fantastic and the food is every bit as good

1  Thank Shane K
Reviewed 16 July 2018

I treated my partner to a stay here last month, I didn't mind that it was a minimum of 2 nights when booking as we were treating our stay as a mini holiday. When we arrived I was surprised as from looking at the pictures this place was top class...... It was not!! I am really disappointed in the cleanliness, I appreciate this is in the country side but it was just not clean, and the dust and spider webs made that quite clear that the cleaning standard was not up to scratch for a place that charges 179/night...
The furniture is very dated, and the Jacuzzi in in our room had turned yellow and there was a crack that had been filled up with a white filler...gross!! My partner was looking at the brochure on the first evening and pointed out one of the ''other'' cottages and noted how nice one was, it was the cottage we were staying in and there was no comparison in real life. I think for the price of the place they need to get a good cleaner in, and really need to update the old furniture. The fact that we were staying for 2 nights and the Ikea couch in the living space was old smelly lunpy and over used. Really not impressed - wouldn't usually write reviews but I feel that this is false advertising - either update your pictures or update the place......

Room Tip: Don't book unless you like old dingy cottages
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple