Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews west cork lovely hotel old railway overlooking the river railway bridge highly recommend this hotel ann marie breakfast was excellent stayed one night bed was very comfortable top class full irish last weekend mizen head town centre tim looney
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 January 2022

We went to West Cork for new years eve and spent 3 nights at The West Cork Hotel.
The experience for us was just what we needed safe friendly and everyone had a smile for you. They are very attentive but not at all pushy.
We felt so safe there and the room we had was lovely looking over the river.
This hotel is a little gem and we will be back soon again.
Very good value for money and warm and cosy.
Tim Thompson Co Clare Ireland

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Aidan Derwin, Guest Services / Front Office at The West Cork Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2022

Dear Tim,

Thank you very much for taking the time in reviewing your recent stay, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here in The West Cork Hotel. I am glad the staff were able to look after you, as I always say the staff are such an asset to us here in the hotel, the place would simply not be the same without each one of them.

I am pleased you enjoyed your room, there is no greater way to relax than sitting by the window and watching the river float by!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 January 2022 via mobile

There arent a lot of options in this part of Ireland, so we decided to stay in this hotel so we would be in baltimore harbour in time the next morning.

The hotel is located at the entrance to the town, right next to the bridge. It looked old and it is. The room we had and the hotel seemed to have been stuck in time, somewhere in the 1980s. The food wasn't great either, still lots of people ate there.

For one night it was ok, but it was by far the worst hotel of our stay, although the hotel staff were helpful and friendly.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Aidan Derwin, Guest Services / Front Office at The West Cork Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2022

Dear Ronald,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing your stay with us. I am disappointed to see you did not enjoy your experience in West Cork with us.

I would appreciate getting more feedback from you, you can contact me directly at fomanager@westcorkhotel.com or by phone at 028 21277.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 19 January 2022

Ok, it has been 6 years since I last stayed here. A lot has changed in the world in that time , including lockdown and curtailment of services. At least we can say , the West Cork Hotel is as safe as your own living room,, if not safer, just absolutely the right place to explore west cork. This Hotel is just a joy to visit in every way. We were here for 5 nights, stayed in a suite room , 104, beautiful room, spotless, crisp bed and sheets, great curtains, means you can sleep on, bathroom really good .Now as restrictions were happening during our stay (10th till 16th January 2021 departure day) restaurant was closed but they served excellent bar food. Food was really, really excellent and what made it so excellent was the attitude and good happy nature of the staff, they were brilliant.Breakfast time was a pleasure in itself, the best Kippers I have ever tasted, really incredible, Eggs Kennedy ( with smoked salmon was also a knockout. All food was Devine. They have this item on Dinner Menu called Fish Bowl, terrific , you must try it, healthy also. Bar was brilliant , breakfast brilliant, room. Number 104. This Hotel was spotless, beautiful room, staff incredible, especially Carmel at breakfast time,.It was hard to find fault with this hotel, we didn’t, we will return, I promise.Thank you to one and all for making our stay so good..

Room tip: Suite 104 was brill when we stayed
Date of stay: January 2022
Aidan Derwin, Guest Services / Front Office at The West Cork Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2022

Dear Michael,

Thank you very much for taking the time in reviewing your recent stay with us, I am delighted to see you had an enjoyable stay with us in The West Cork Hotel. I am glad to see you felt safe while staying with us, as a team we really do make the effort to ensure our guests feel completely comfortable and safe with us during their stay and I am glad you had that experience.

I must completely agree with you in regards to the suite your were in (104), it is my one of my personal favourite rooms and it really does have that unexplainable charm.

I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the Head Chef who I no doubt will be delighted with your feedback. I will also be sure to pass on your feedback to our floor staff who really do deserve the credit, the hotel would not be the same without them!

We look forward to seeing you both back and hopefully it will not take 6 years for that to happen.

Reviewed 17 January 2022 via mobile

Stayed here for a business trip. Arrived around 8pm Sunday evening after a 5 hour drive. There was a free car park with lots of free spaces. I was greeted by a lovely lady on reception (sorry I never caught her name) she offered me advice on a better route to get to the hotel as my sat nav had taken me a more scenic route which was quite scary when I didn’t know the roads. We had a little chat and I found her very pleasant and helpful. She had offered to look and see if there was a room available with a bath as I had been in the car so long and thought I might like to relax, I said it was ok as I would probably just head to bed. There was a sign to book breakfast but I was told I could head down when it suited me on that particular morning. I was on the second floor. The room was easy to find. It was clean. The shower area was great. Toiletries, tea/ coffee facilities. Hairdryer, iron, ironing board. Tv was a little dated and not much channels but I was tired and went on to sleep. Didn’t hear much during the night. Breakfast the next morning was lovely, another lovely member of staff, very chatty. I had a full Irish. And of the few full Irish breakfast I’ve had this year in hotels across Ireland for business trips I would say it’s the best. It doesn’t compare to an Ulster fry with potato and soda bread but it was lovely all the same. Check out was easy and I was on my way. Will stay again the next time I’m in the area.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Hi Leanne,

Thank you very much for taking the time in reviewing your recent stay with us; Firstly I am delighted that Catherine was able to look after you so well, she is a wealth of knowledge and really knows the area well.

I am delighted to see you were happy in your room and that the room was up to your satisfaction. Sheila at breakfast is another asset to us here in the hotel and the hotel would simply not be the same without her.

On a personal note I cannot wait to try an Ulster Fry, I have high expectations of it now

We look forward to seeing you again hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 13 January 2022

Recently stayed for a weekend away, the hotel is very welcoming, decor is very nice, the bed was very comfortable, everywhere was spotless. Had breakfast and dinner and could not fault it, would stay again!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple