Shealane Country House
US$115
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$134/night.

Ring Lyne(Chapeltown)
US$93
  • Restaurant
Atlantic Villa(Valentia Island)
US$105
US$93
Cuas A'gamhna(Valentia Island)
US$99
Ring of Kerry Hotel(Cahersiveen)
US$151
Carraig Liath House(Valentia Island)
TripAdvisor
Horizon View Lodge BnB(Valentia Island)
Altazamuth House(Knightstown)
Priceline
Danu House(Chapeltown)
Priceline
All reviewsbreakfast roomacross the bridgeskellig michaelring of kerryfrench toastfull irish breakfastboat tripwonderful hostsb bsbeautiful viewtoastieslast juneenjoyed our visitthought of everythingfluffy towelsperfect staysmall fridge
Reviewed 17 May 2011

Shealane Country House is a really beautifull place.The house is decorated with taste, can see the lady of the house knows her stuff. The rooms were lovely and very cozy. Breakfast very tasty, moreover, served with a menu), so we recommend this place and wish all the best for Mary and Jimi.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2010

My sister, niece and I stayed with Mary and Jim last June and we absolutely loved every minute of our visit! They were so warm and welcoming that we felt right at home with them. Mary has a bubbly personality that makes you want to just sit down with her for a nice chat and a cup of tea! The family room we stayed in was so nice and spacious, at the same time warm and cozy. We had sky lights we could open for the lovely fresh air and incredible window views on three sides of the room! We slept like babies! My niece had an accident in running to get the phone, tripped and broke a lamp in the room. Being 12 years old, she was distraught about telling Mary, afraid she 'wouldn't like her anymore", as kids do. Mary and Jim made her feel so much better about it, reassuring her that it wasn't a big thing and easily fixed. Breakfast was exceptional, with a panoramic view of the hills, water and the bridge over to Portmagee. Mary and Jim gave us a send off fit for family and we can't wait to return some day!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2010

I stayed here just 2 nights ago - and I was so pleased with my stay that I couldn't wait to write a review about it. I type this as I rest at another B&B in Tarbert, and already I am missing Mary's graciousness, her 180 degree bay side views, pillow top mattresses, and hot-off-the-stove full Irish breakfast. My only regret is that I didn't get a photo with her! My friend and I came upon this gem of a home by accident, having gotten stuck in the rain and a cancelled Skellig Island trip. It was lovely just to read in the dinning room surrounded by the pouring rain against 3 walls of windows. Mary was so kind and such a lovely person. She made sure we were comfortable, full, and was always happy to converse with us.

Out of the 6 places that I have stayed at so far in Ireland, including the Fota Island Spa Resort in Fota/Cork (the steam/sauna rooms at the Spa were a nice treat in Ireland - though nothing compared to other Spas I've been to - but thats another review), Mary's B&B is my favorite in terms of service, hospitality, location, and the bed! Oh my the bed was so comfortable we almost missed breakfast and our ferry out to Skelling.

Whether you're passing by along the Ring, or planning a trip to Skelling Island - this is the ideal place to stay. It's a 1 min drive across the bridge to Portmagee, and good lunch/dinner dining at the Moorings right there too.

Thank you so much for a lovely stay Mary! Best wishes to you and Jim! - Jessica & Sin

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2010

I stayed one night with Mary in Shealane and would definitely recommend it. The room was spacious and clean, the breakfast was great, and the location was beautiful. I also stayed in Atlantic Villa B&B in Knightstown during my trip to Valentia and would strongly recommend either B&B.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 August 2010

Lovely, neat, modern B&B. Fantastic views over Portmagee. Rooms and ensuite were spacious with a small sofa and tea/coffee making facilities. Our double room had a single bed as well. The hosts were a lovely, accomodating couple. Million dollar views from the breakfast room and good choice to eat.... full irish breakfast, pancakes, toasted sandwich etc. Definitely worth the visit!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple