Travelocity
Hotels.com
eDreams
3,035 results
All reviews fairy trail woodland villas walking trails thermal suite bar lounge tennis courts outdoor jacuzzi the main hotel self catering relaxing break great facilities family holiday bar food ring of kerry kenmare bay old world charm top class
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 October 2020 via mobile

My fiancé & I stayed for 2 nights recently in Parknasilla. What a beautiful hotel. The spa wasn’t open but the pool & outdoor hot tubs were heavenly. You must book ahead for day time but it’s adults only from 6-8pm without booking. The location is so amazing right on the seashore. There are lots of walks on the grounds of different lengths. We even had a swim from the pier & hopped into the new adjacent outdoor heated pool (seawater) afterwards. The food was gorgeous. All in all it’s our new favorite place ;)

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Amy O'Regan, Guest Services / Front Office at Parknasilla Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2020

Dear breedal2018,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time out to complete a review and share your thoughts with us. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here with us at Parknasilla Resort and Spa. I will be sure to pass on your regards to all of the staff here. They will be as happy as I am that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 18 October 2020 via mobile

Spent 3 days here as part of our honeymoon,
Can’t fault the staff or the grounds all were absolutely fantastic and friendly

Food though was way overpriced for what you got! Portion sizes are very small,

Usually when you order a main you would get the accompaniments I.e veg, chips etc. but in this case you need to order and pay for the extra,

Really think the hotel need to look at their menu as this for me was their biggest downfall....if we weren’t dealing with restrictions due to COVID in Ireland We would have ate out.
Service is a little all over the place but I think they’re trying to manage while dealing with government restrictions

Grounds are fantastic with great trails and walks and scenery! Leisure facilities are fantastic, and again the staff were also fantastic.....the food though biggest issue (price vs portions) would be a 5 star otherwise

Dear KenC261,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us at Parknasilla Resort and many congratulations on your recent wedding,
It is wonderful to read your comments on the grounds and staff, I am disappointed to read the food was not up to expectations and will ensure your comments are passed to the Food & Beverage department for review,

Thank you again and I do hope you return to us in the future,

Reviewed 17 October 2020

We stayed here last night and just want to say we had an amazing stay. We think we have found our spot, so will be back again as soon as it opens. I think this may be our 4th stay here over the last few year. At a last minute our 17 year old son decided to travel with us and when I rang to change our booking, they gentlelman could not have been more helpful and nothing was a problem. We ended up with a fabulous sea view room and it was so spacious, which is exactly what we wanted. We had dinner in the dining room and each and everyone of the staff were just lovely. We could not fault a thing and look forward to seeing you all again very soon. You are doing a great job. Thanks

1  Thank Robert G

Dear Robert G,

Let me begin by thanking you on your feedback on your recent stay with us at Parknasilla, I am delighted you had such a wonderful stay with us and were happy with your accommodation, service and friendliness of the team,
I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you in the near future,

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 October 2020

My partner and I stayed here as part of our honeymoon. We enjoyed our stay at Parknasilla, the grounds are beautiful, and the facilities on offer are fantastic.

We had a beautiful room with a sea view and can’t fault the room at all, there was a bottle of Prosecco for us in our room along with a complimentary drinks voucher for the bar too. Thank you!

The outdoor hot tubs are amazing, especially on a rainy day in October, what a great experience! Plenty of choice for walking trails on the grounds also, with some other third party activity providers on site for kayaking and boat tours.

I wouldn’t get excited about the food. In fact, it was probably one of the most disappointing parts of our visit to Parknasilla. The bar food is terribly overpriced for what you get. It’s edible, it’s fine but for what you pay, it’s bit of a shambles. The beef burger was so over cooked you could use it as a hockey puck. One night we got pizza and it was like a floppy wet newspaper covered in mountains of cheese, the tomato sauce tasted like washing up liquid. My partner ordered ravioli one night and there was literally 7 pieces of pasta on her plate. I wouldn’t mind if the food was exceptional, but defiantly not worth the money. Especially when your table is all sticky from whoever was sitting their previous.

The breakfast is even more disappointing. The continental breakfast is very basic. On both our mornings our ‘hot breakfast’ came out cold. Soft poached eggs came out well done. On the plus side the coffee is good, but you have to pay a €2.50 supplement if you want a cappuccino. Seems a bit much when breakfast is already €21. I think Parknasilla need to spend a night or two in the armada (Spanish point) and compare their breakfast experiences. Parknasilla really need to up there breakfast game, 1. for the overall experience and 2. For the standard of food leaving the kitchen.

Staff throughout the hotel are lovely, we found Louise at reception and Adam the waiter to be extremely nice and professional. On the other hand, the leisure centre staff don’t hold the same level of professionalism as the rest of the hote. On two occasions there was no effort made to engage with us, and on our first evening we were left to find our way around the facilities ourselves with absolutely no direction to changing rooms, pool area etc.

The leisure centre facilities are amazing, they really are, the salt water tub, hot tubs, indoor pool are all great. Only downside was the changing rooms, they were filthy on our second night there with used towels and dirty tissues all over the place. We spent nearly two hours in the facilities and the condition of the changing room hadn’t changed from arrival to departure on that evening.

Finally, I think a good effort is made towards the Covid19 side of things, with masks and visors on staff as well as plenty of sanitising facilities. At the main entrance you must kind of check in to be brought to your table. This is a good system however there are some flaws. We arrived down for our allotted time, as did 5 other groups at the same time. 3 different members of staff walked by us all at that time for us to be told ‘she will be with you in a minute’, which she was and we were first in line so we didn’t see how long the others were waiting. But, why did this lady have to be the only one to bring people to their table? We witnessed an exchange between this woman and a resident earlier in the day to which she explained, tables have to go through her.. Ok, that’s understandable but why can’t anyone else seat us opposed to having a mass gathering in the reception of the hotel. We’re not the nervous type but I could see some other people nervous about keeping their distance.

Dear EoinShox,

Thank you so much for completing a review on your stay with us at Parknasilla we are thrilled you chose to stay with us as part of your honeymoon,
I am happy to read you found the facilities on offer and the staff to be fantastic, as well as the Covid-19 procedures in place,
I do appreciate your feedback on the food and service, I will ensure to bring this to the attention of our Food & Beverage department who I am sure will review for the upcoming season,

Thank you again and many congratulations on your recent marriage,

Reviewed 6 October 2020 via mobile

We spent 7 nights in a 3 bedroom self catering house at Woodland Lodges on grounds of Parknasilla. The house was well kitted out. Lodges are a 10-15 minute walk from hotel but on a good well maintained path, that is also well lit. We had no wifi/tv/phone the first night, but Parknasilla staff, in particular Amy, went above and beyond to try resolve the issue. We ate in hotel twice for dinner. Both nights the food was superb. We felt very safe there, staff were masks, and there were plenty of hand sanitizer stations around. Numerous lovely walks of different lengths and terrains available. We also went kayaking which was lovely.
We would highly recommend, and are looking forward to returning in May 2021.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Amy O'Regan, Guest Services / Front Office at Parknasilla Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2020

Dear Carrigteen,

Thanks so much for completing a review on your stay with us at the Woodlands Villas,
I am thrilled you had such a wonderful stay,
On a personal note is was a pleasure to meet you and your family I am happy we were able to come to some resolution for you during your stay,
I really look forward to meeting with you again,