See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 July 2017

We were a group of 17 people and stayed for four days at the Staigue Fort Hotel. We really had a great time with nice BBQ's, playing Darts, Party evenings at the hotel bar and sunny days in the garden.
By car it is easy to get to the beach, to the city centre of Sneem and you have the possibility to enjoy the nature next to hotel.
Sheila and all the others were perfect hosts! Thank you so much for the great time! :-)

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank tambeh
Reviewed 5 October 2015

The Staigue was my home away from home when I was in Castle Cove. Sheila is an exceptionally genuine hostess who makes everyone feel welcome. I will miss the place, the people and the dog Runtie - well he's an added bonus.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank mo-and-lo
Reviewed 30 September 2015

Southern USA style building, on the Ring of Kerry, in a beautiful spot - the small hamlet of Castlecove between Sneem and Waterville. A friendly B&B. There 's a lively bar popular with the locals. Free wifi is provided.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank John M
Reviewed 18 August 2015

The building is very old American style and has an interesting history.
The proprietor, Sheila, is brilliant. She is welcoming, helpful, funny and interesting to speak with.

Also they are celebrating their centenary this year.

The rooms and windows and door and bathrooms are very old style but in good working order. There is a friendly female collie (I think she was a collie, not certain) out in the garden.

They have a small bar inside the house which contained a few other guests and a few locals. All warm and full of stories.

I will definitely stay here again the next time that I am in Kerry. Stayed here while cycling the ring of kerry and a few other touristy things over 5 days. This was the winning accommodation in my opinion and in the opinion of my co-tourists.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Warriormonk
Reviewed 29 July 2015

We loved the quaintness of the old home . Sheila was a fantastic hostess , even presenting us with a box of chocolates on our departure. We had a great stay and enjoyed meeting the locals over an evening drink . Would definitely recommend a stay here.

Room tip: Good views
Date of stay: July 2015