Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TripadvisorUS$193
eDreams
PricelineUS$193
FindHotel
All reviews lovely hotel ring of kerry staff were lovely soups seating area last weekend ireland atmosphere brendan pub character rain
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 August 2020

My family and I, eight in total, four adults and four children, dined last evening.
First a few positive:
*The service was quick and the staff were friendly.
*The surroundinga were old fashioned luxury and style.
*The outside dining/drinking area looked very relaxed and inviting
*The food, we just had main courses, was, on whole, very good. Two battered Cod, peas and chips went down very well. Two kids pizzas were very light, crispy and tasty and two half portions of the Roast of the Day (Beef) were well enjoyed. My husband had the steak which he said was "like butter" and was thoroughly enjoyed and I had the Seafood Selection
Now for just a few negatives:
*The table we were seated at was either very low or our chairs were very high. He made for a very uncomfortable experience whilst eating. I'm only 5ft 2 and I had to stoop over my plate. My husband and two older sons felt it very weird. It made a perfect height for the children.
* The peas with the fish and chip were served in plastic containers which looked very out of place in such a luxurious setting
*The seafood selection sauce was delicious but the contents were disappointing. There was a piece of salmon and a piece of hake/cod jammed into the bottom of an oval dish. There were at least 20 mussels(5/6 of these were in their shells for presentation) and only one lonely prawn. That disappointed me greatly but I was happy to see that 1 crab claw was there to keep the one prawn company

1  Thank Esther D
Reviewed 16 August 2020 via mobile

Ciara and her whole team went above and beyond in making a recent family gathering special and personal. The service and food were amazing. We can’t thank them enough for making the occasion so memorable.

Reviewed 11 August 2020

Whilst our food and wait staff were both lovely management left alot to be desired, when we arrived we were a group of 8 adults and 8 children, we were not informed at the beginning that our bill could not be split and management were quiet rude in informing us of this at the end of our dining. This left a sour taste to say the least. Unlikely I would return

2  Thank N7891PTjennab
Leta O Sullivan, General Manager at Towers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2020

Hello Jenna B,

Thanks for your review , thankfully trip advisor gives hotels and restaurants the chance to respond so here goes.

Just to be crystal clear I am the person that you are referring to as management so I am fully aware of what actually happened. I literally had just stepped in the door and had not even started my evening shift when one of my excellent staff came to me and said we dont split bills do we.... to which I replied no we are too busy and our pay station is not set up for social distancing so we need just one payment per table. This was a private conversation between me and my staff member which you overheard. I was not at any stage rude to you or any of your party. In fact I never even spoke to any of you even though your post would suggest otherwise.You returned to your party of 16 and told a different story.

As you can imagine we have had to totally overhaul our business and we are like everyone on the planet learning as we go in the midst of this global pandemic and so there are a number of reasons why we dont split bills.

1. Social distancing at our pay point is difficlut to say the least.

2.Credit card machines have to be sanitised after each use.

3. Touch screen tills have to be sanitised after each use.

4. The time it takes to put each payment through when we have over 100 tables.

There is an excellent payment app called revolut , I would strongly recommend that you and all of your party download it. Every person working in the hospitality industry loves to hear the word revolut, it makes our job so much easier but it also makes sorting bills so much easier for our customers.

Now onto other points that it is important other trip advisor users know.

You arrived to our restaurant with 16 people and no booking, I doubt very very much that any other establishment in town would have taken in such a large group with no booking and social distancing to be considered. Due to covid 19 we have to take bookings and contact tracing details for every table and table plans have to made for every single day . Your party took up 4 of our tables , we had to reshuffle all of our bookings and table plans that evening to accommodate your party which we were happy to do but yet there is no mention of that.In hind sight I am sorry that we didn't just turn you away.

You also seem to have forgotten to mention in your review that you also got 2 free desserts. You got them because when you arrived back to your table you made very loud comments about what you were and weren't going to say on trip advisor so the girl in charge of your station decided to give them to you free of charge. You are not the first customer to loudly throw the trip advisor comments about and unfortunately you wont be the last. It is important that everyone reading this knows exactly what happened.

The last thing that you did which was honestly the most upsetting for me and for the young member of my staff involved. You actually told her that the food was excellent and the service was excellent and that you wanted to leave her a tip but instead you were going to put up your review on trip advisor!!!!!! A 16 year old girl !!!!!! Did you feel that punishing a hard working 16 year old girl would make you feel better !!! That young girl served you from start to finish, she is an outstanding worker and is genuinely one of the best waitress's we have ever had. She deserved her tip, it was a table of 16 ............the fact that you felt you had to tell her that ......well I'll leave that up to other readers to decide for themselves what that says about you.

Lucky for her I don't have a nasty bone in my body so I gave her a €20 tip for waiting on your group so brilliantly, she deserved it considering how genuinely upset she was by your comments when you left.

Don't worry about your unlikely return , it is unlikely that we would accommodate you in the way that we did again. Another lesson hard learned in the hospitality industry, its the usual case of the more you do for someone the less you get in return.

Download revolut ..........and please remember that we are all learning in what is a very difficult situation, book any future tables for 16 people in advance and consider the feelings of young staff that you encounter along the way.

Reviewed 8 August 2020

We often eat here and the food and service is good,my 81 year old mother stayed here three times and they were very helpful and nice to her. Both the restaurant and bar is very nice and both have equal service!

Reviewed 8 August 2020

Myself and my family ate in the towers a lot during our holidays a great menu with lots of choices and variety the kids menu was great too the staff were very attentive and pleasant would recommend booking but they did accept walk in also social distancing was observed and implemented without it feeling overwhelming a lovely family run hotel with wonderful staff take a seat and let us take care of you attitude will be back and woul definitely recommend