Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 July 2019 via mobile

We booked a double room and were given a tiny twin room. 1st bed comfortable, the 2nd single bed was awful. It had a plastic mattress which made you sweat and made a noise when you moved. Walls were very thin so could hear snoring from all directions. No hook in the room (the door hook looked old and was broken off) Two showers, in one room but only one worked. Only one toilet on the floor was open.
No where to dry wet clothes. No where to hang my towel in the room, everything had to go on the floor.
Bread and toast making facilities in the kitchen along with tea and coffee available. Large sitting area but closed at 9.30 (even on Saturday night!)
Clean but facilities were very varied from room to room.
Disappointing for what we paid.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Rubyjetdelight
Reviewed 12 March 2019

My daughters and I walked the Kerry Way this summer. We stayed at Sleepy Camel on our Glenbeigh waypoint. I was exhausted and a little daunted because I was trying to keep up with two 22 year olds ( found out it was impossible). But staying at Sleepy Camel turned my mood and energy level. We all loved it—the primary reason being the proprietor host, Chris. What an amazing hotelier—the best hotels in the world could learn from his example. He went out of his way to make our stay comfortable and pleasant. Truly, when I started out the next morning, I was refreshed because of his attitude, as were my girls. A few hours in to my walk I even got a phone call asking about my welfare’s! Wow. At our next stop we told a hiker going in the opposite direction to stay there and continued to extol its charms as we met others. It’s been 8 months since we stayed at the Sleepy Camel and life got a bit hectic, but for those entire 8 months I’ve been determined to write this review because of how much we appreciated the kindliness of Sleepy Camel and it’s caretaker. Thank you again for your graciousness.

Room tip: Just inquire. Very accommodating.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Gr8 place to stay.everything you could need. Very comfortable clean room and friendly caretaker and all at a very affordable rate. I would definitely stay again if I was in the area. Surrounding area great. Plenty of things to do and places to go.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

I've stayed here twice and it as good a hostel as you will find anywhere. For 23 euro a night it is quiet, clean, comfortable and run by a friendly gent. I had access to everything I needed and got a good night's sleep. Great value. Good location inside the town of Glenbeigh - handy for tired, hungry (or thirsty) hillwalkers.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Best hostel in Glenbeigh, lovely & clean, Chris is warm & welcoming & v.helpful, lovely chap, enjoyed my 2 weeks staying there with my three kids, have been going there for 3 years & we will be back next year!

Date of stay: August 2018