Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 March 2019

My daughters and I walked the Kerry Way this summer. We stayed at Sleepy Camel on our Glenbeigh waypoint. I was exhausted and a little daunted because I was trying to keep up with two 22 year olds ( found out it was impossible). But staying at Sleepy Camel turned my mood and energy level. We all loved it—the primary reason being the proprietor host, Chris. What an amazing hotelier—the best hotels in the world could learn from his example. He went out of his way to make our stay comfortable and pleasant. Truly, when I started out the next morning, I was refreshed because of his attitude, as were my girls. A few hours in to my walk I even got a phone call asking about my welfare’s! Wow. At our next stop we told a hiker going in the opposite direction to stay there and continued to extol its charms as we met others. It’s been 8 months since we stayed at the Sleepy Camel and life got a bit hectic, but for those entire 8 months I’ve been determined to write this review because of how much we appreciated the kindliness of Sleepy Camel and it’s caretaker. Thank you again for your graciousness.

Room tip: Just inquire. Very accommodating.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Gr8 place to stay.everything you could need. Very comfortable clean room and friendly caretaker and all at a very affordable rate. I would definitely stay again if I was in the area. Surrounding area great. Plenty of things to do and places to go.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

I've stayed here twice and it as good a hostel as you will find anywhere. For 23 euro a night it is quiet, clean, comfortable and run by a friendly gent. I had access to everything I needed and got a good night's sleep. Great value. Good location inside the town of Glenbeigh - handy for tired, hungry (or thirsty) hillwalkers.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Best hostel in Glenbeigh, lovely & clean, Chris is warm & welcoming & v.helpful, lovely chap, enjoyed my 2 weeks staying there with my three kids, have been going there for 3 years & we will be back next year!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

We had great night at Sleepy Camel while on the Kerry way. Chris gave us a great welcome, and our twin room was extremely clean and comfortable and quiet, with a sink and a nice view across the town main street. There is excellent living room space downstairs, and a well equipped kitchen and dining area, with plenty of space for all. There was also cereal and toast provided the next morning. An excellent price for a good stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple