“Nice and clean room - staff seemed unqualified”
Review of Bianconi

and 1 more site!
Bianconi
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Killorglin
Reviewed 18 July 2017

We stayed there for one night. The room was very nice, very clean and looked new. The bathroom was very nice and the shower was just amazing, nice pressure and warmth.
Our room had windows towards the main street which meant a lot of noise from traffic when the windows were open. Almost no noise during the night though so it didn't interrupt our sleep. Breakfast menu was good, but the staff seemed unqualified, because the waiter didn't understand my order, even though I pointed to a specific line on the menu - she acted like I was the first person ever to order that and not just til "full irish". She also took my plate while I still had toast in my hand eating it and before my mum had finished her breakfast. It seemed unprofessional. Plus we paid separately for breakfast which wasn't indicated when I booked the hotel. But except for that the stay was fine.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank anjakruse

Reviewed 14 July 2017

The rooms are great and the people are helpful. There is a lot of choice in the area for sight seeing, drink and food Overall good food and a very comfy bed. What more do you want. I booked through Booking . com and thought I had a good deal but breakfast wasn't included so that is another $12.50 so check out the hotels own deals direct and compare first.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Well-kept modern hotel. Rooms were spacious and clean. Located on the street side which was a bit noisy. The room was a bit warm as it was the third floor. Note: stairs only, no lift. Check in at the bar in the afternoon. The staff were friendly and courteous. Good wi-fi.

Room Tip: The street side rooms can be noisy. The upper floor room was a bit warm / stuffy. Stairs only.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
TheBianconi, Manager at Bianconi, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Reviewed 5 May 2017

Probably the worst overall service I have experienced in Ireland in decades. The room was actually quite good, physically the pace is fine, but the overall attitude of management and staff lets this place down to the point that from the moment you walk in and ask for your key the experience is negative - to say they were not welcoming would be a major understatement. The breakfast is also just not up to current standards - unreconstructed full Irish of fried foods does not work in a health conscious society, but here you can forget fruit or any other healthy options. I also agree with another reviewers comments about lack of noise insulation, - 4 perfectly normal people having a chat outside the bar can be heard as if they are in your room. But I would happily forgive the last 2 points if I had encountered a different welcome and overall service ethos. I will be seeking different accommodation in Killorglin, I think this place has developed extreme complacency because they are currently the only Inn in town, but there are always alternatives.

Room Tip: My room was fine, however some rooms are tiny at a VERY high price, ask for details of your room if...
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Moira C
Reviewed 13 March 2017

When I pulled up outside I almost turned around and drove off, it looked like some sort of hostel and I was not impressed. But I decided I would give it a try. When I got inside their was nobody on reception and i had to go to the bar. I was really thinking this was a very bad choice. But the guy who checked me in was really lovely, very friendly and helpful, even carried my bag up the stairs as there is no lift and I was on the second floor with a lot of steps up.
The halls are decorated really bright and welcoming and clean looking. The bedroom was quite small, but big enough for me as a solo traveler. The bathroom is decorated nicely, toiletries are provided.

The food is probably the best thing about this hotel. I could not fault one thing, it was stunning. I decided to order room service and phoned down as there are no room service cards in the room. I was ringing for ages and got no answer in reception. The lack of reception staff lets this hotel down and one of the reasons I did not give it full stars.
I eventually placed my room service order and it was delivered exactly on time and again it was really good. Another down side is that check out time is 11.00. Most hotels I stay in are check out time 12.00 and I often work from the hotel in the morning so this was a bit inconvenient. they did leave me until about 11.30 but were banging on the door after this.
Overall, it's a good hotel for business and I would return, especially to the restaurant.

Stayed: March 2017
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killorglin
19.1 km away
3.1 km away
Fern Rock Bed & Breakfast
Fern Rock Bed & Breakfast
#3 of 15 in Killorglin

Been to Bianconi? Share your experiences!