“Looks nothing from outside but impressive inside” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Bianconi
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Killorglin
Dublin, Ireland
“Looks nothing from outside but impressive inside”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

When I pulled up outside I almost turned around and drove off, it looked like some sort of hostel and I was not impressed. But I decided I would give it a try. When I got inside their was nobody on reception and i had to go to the bar. I was really thinking this was a very bad choice. But the guy who checked me in was really lovely, very friendly and helpful, even carried my bag up the stairs as there is no lift and I was on the second floor with a lot of steps up.
The halls are decorated really bright and welcoming and clean looking. The bedroom was quite small, but big enough for me as a solo traveler. The bathroom is decorated nicely, toiletries are provided.

The food is probably the best thing about this hotel. I could not fault one thing, it was stunning. I decided to order room service and phoned down as there are no room service cards in the room. I was ringing for ages and got no answer in reception. The lack of reception staff lets this hotel down and one of the reasons I did not give it full stars.
I eventually placed my room service order and it was delivered exactly on time and again it was really good. Another down side is that check out time is 11.00. Most hotels I stay in are check out time 12.00 and I often work from the hotel in the morning so this was a bit inconvenient. they did leave me until about 11.30 but were banging on the door after this.
Overall, it's a good hotel for business and I would return, especially to the restaurant.

Stayed March 2017

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
La Coruna, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I stayed there for one single weekend night. We sent a mail with some questions directly to the hotel the morning before, we knew that we were likely not to receive an answer before getting there, but we didn't expect to actually get their answer 10 days later.
The hotel location is good, in the town center and it includes a beautiful restaurant. We had dinner there, it was packed and the atmosphere was really nice.
The room itself was very small, and windows didn't lock properly so it was rather cold at night. There was a radiator in the room but it didn't quite heat, in the other hand the one in the toilet was very powerful. As mentioned in other reviews there are a couple of plastic signs in the room (such as shower heads are reviewed for damage daily) that give some sort of a hostel-like feeling. Also, due to the old windows, there isn't much noise insulation so we could hear any noise from the street (usually quiet street, but happened to be a cyclist group meeting there on Sunday morning).
Regarding breakfast, this page mentions "Breakfast Included" both under highlights and services, but we were charged for breakfast, which was very good buy also very pricey.
Overall I'd say it is a fair inn, and it is probably the best in town, but we wouldn't be staying there again.

• Stayed February 2017, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
london uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2016

Stayed recently for a wedding at the Bianco and really enjoyed our long weekend, we arrived very late at night we had nothing booked one room left inthis hotel which was very nice, the decoration of the family room was well done. We found all the staff very nice and helpful it is a quiet hotel breakfast very good made by Noreen really enjoyed the creamy porridge , bar staff we found very chatty and polite. stayed in Kilorglin for a few days you really are good and central for sightseeing and what a beautiful part of Ireland Kerry is and we were blessed with stunning weather In October, visited Cromane Carragh Lake the Gap of Dungloe some of the Ring of Kerry it went too quickly and we will be back .

• Stayed October 2016, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank maureen2556
Sligo, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

.......guilty of my pet hate, scalding notices to customers. A4 sheets stuck on the wall to tell you to close the door gently, or in this case a bizarre notice in the bathroom to tell you not to break the Shower-head? Its warning you that they check the shower-heads daily, and you'll have to pay if they are broken. I'm guessing someone broke a shower-head once, and all visitors must suffer from henceforth with a warning!

If it happened more then once, management should stop buying shower-heads that look as if they are adjustable, an altogether better way to address the scourge of Shower-head thrashers then insulting the intelligence of your customers when they arrive.

When my foreign colleague asked what beers they had the boss pointed at the beer taps and pointed one by one and monotonely said "dis, dis and dis" - a great help!

Otherwise good location, good breakfast, well looked after and nicely decorated!

Stayed November 2016, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2016

Killorglin is a lovely little town to use as a home base for the Ring of Kerry and Dingle Penninsula.

Bianconi is a hotel and restaurant. The staff are very friendly, but we frequently had to go into the restaurant to find someone to help us.

Our room was very nice and comfortable. As there is no air conditioning, we left our windows open at night. There was a good bit of street noise early in the morning.

Breakfast was included and very nice.

• Stayed September 2016, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killorglin
15.1 km away
19.2 km away
Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa
19.6 km away
International Hotel Killarney

Been to Bianconi? Share your experiences!