“fab room, breakfast wasn't as impressive”
Review of Bianconi

and 1 more site!
Bianconi
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Killorglin
Reviewed 20 September 2016

I stayed here recently with my husband. Our room was stunning, really nicely decorated and very comfortable. We had dinner in the bar, food was lovely and our waitress was really nice and helpful. The food was average for breakfast and the service wasn't as good. Overall, we did enjoy our stay and we would stay again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 September 2016

the room was comfortable if a bit small but on the top floor with no lift. on our arrival we had to seek out a staff member in the bar, and there was no offer of help with our luggage.The hotel felt very impersonal.
On our second night my husband became so ill we needed to call an ambulance. I tried phoning the hotel emergency number in the information booklet in the room but there was no reply. eventually I got dressed and went to the car to find the ambulance number from Lonely Planet. I phoned but there was some time before the ambulance arrived due to the distance(28) km. Emergency services also tried to contact the hotel but no luck, so I had to leave my husband to let them in.
I returned from the hospital to the hotel about 9.30 next morning and they did give me a late checkout as I had no sleep, and even helped me with my luggage when I left.
I think the hotel needs to look at brochure information, how to contact emergency services and access to staff. The situation could have been a lot worse!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GregMirit
Reviewed 14 September 2016

This old hotel has had a lovely modern renovation, the rooms are fresh & although small very comfortable. The hotel breakfast was great, all cooked fresh & with friendly service. The hotel car park is a short stroll & down a hill so if you have larger luggage or if its raining would recommend dropping of at door before parking.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2016

All in all a great experience. The service was nice and friendly. The Guiness yummy. The bed - AMAZING. The room was a little tight, but we made it work. The bathroom was spacious and the tub comfortable.

The breakfast was very good, but the other meals we had weren't has tasty.

This is a great place to start your Atlantic Highway journey.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2016

Accommodation was excellent and so was the service. We had a number of queries regarding our trip around the ring of Kerry and all were dealt with positively by the staff. The hotel staff looked after us and made us very welcome.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killorglin
26.4 km away
0.7 km away
Grove Lodge Riverside Guest House
5.7 km away
Lakeshore Lodge at Caragh Lake

Been to Bianconi? Share your experiences!