“Cycling lunch”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2018

We found this place as a bit of a last resort - it seemed to be one of the few places open for lunch in Killorglin. Had to lock our bikes up on the street outside. Very nicely done brasserie type interior, obviously popular with the locals. No problem eating in cycling gear despite the smartness of the premises. Friendly and efficient service and good food and drink.

2  Thank Richard V

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Recently I stayed in the Bianconi for two nights and I can only use the word excellent to describe my visit. The room was lovely and comfortable and the standard of decor and furnishings was to a very high standard. I had dinner on one evening and the food was superb and they have a great pint of Guinness. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly and the atmosphere was great.
A big thumbs up all round and I'll definitely be back.

1  Thank Ajt19
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Whenever I'm in Killorglin, I always stay at The Bianconi. Rooms are of a high standard, very clean and comfortable. Whether you are having lunch or dinner, the food is excellent with good choices on the menu. Dishes are flavoursome and of top quality. They also have excellent wines (I would recommend the red Spanish Riscal). Colette and Hazel do a great job! Keep up the good work!

1  Thank Pearl S
Reviewed 13 June 2018

We went to this restaurant on spec, previously knowing nothing about it. We were immediately impressed by the warm welcome and attentive staff who were an absolute delight. The ambience was relaxed and cosy and our food totally delicious. We felt that the standard of food was excellent, very good value for what it was. The meal and our experience, transformed a wet and windy evening into a delightful memory. If we could, we would not hesitate to return and recommend it to anyone else who might be passing by. Thank you!

1  Thank Laura C
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Our first visit to the New Bianconi was memorable for the high standard of food, varied choice , generous helpings and welcoming and attentive staff.
Some old favorites are there and there are new additions that raise the standards from Bistro bar to relaxing, cosy restaurant that I must recommend to both locals and visitors alike!
Internal decor is brighter, seating more comfortable although the original character of the Bianconi has been retained.
In conclusion, the old Bianconi was very good but the new version is even better!. ..already looking forward to our next visit

1  Thank Kevin S