“Wonderful meal and evening!”
Review of The Bianconi

The Bianconi
Ranked #6 of 27 Restaurants in Killorglin
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2018

We went to this restaurant on spec, previously knowing nothing about it. We were immediately impressed by the warm welcome and attentive staff who were an absolute delight. The ambience was relaxed and cosy and our food totally delicious. We felt that the standard of food was excellent, very good value for what it was. The meal and our experience, transformed a wet and windy evening into a delightful memory. If we could, we would not hesitate to return and recommend it to anyone else who might be passing by. Thank you!

1  Thank Laura C

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Our first visit to the New Bianconi was memorable for the high standard of food, varied choice , generous helpings and welcoming and attentive staff.
Some old favorites are there and there are new additions that raise the standards from Bistro bar to relaxing, cosy restaurant that I must recommend to both locals and visitors alike!
Internal decor is brighter, seating more comfortable although the original character of the Bianconi has been retained.
In conclusion, the old Bianconi was very good but the new version is even better!. ..already looking forward to our next visit

1  Thank Kevin S
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Myself & my husband went to the Bianconi restaurant in Killorglin on Sunday night. From start to finish it was a very memorable experience. The minute we entered we were greeted warmly by the owner Hazel & her team. We were seated quickly & given menus, with our drinks orders taken promptly.
I had the Chicken le croq hardi which was just melt in the mouth divine. I found the chicken to be succulent & the mashed potatoes buttery. The portions were large which I found to be great value for money. My husband had the braised beef short rib bourguigon style. The meat was so full of flavor & literally fell off the bone having been so well marinated. A truly delicious main course had by us both with staff attending to our needs.
For dessert I had the chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream & salted caramel sauce & himself had the strawberry tart. Both were utterly divine but a special mention for the strawberry tart which was very light & refreshing especially combined with the raspberry sorbet.
We were pleasantly surprised to find the total for two main meals, two desserts, two glasses of wine & a glass of coke was merely €60. Absolutely great value for money.

I would like to give a very special mention to the owner & staff who were very helpful in our requests. Nothing was ever too big or too small. The owner Hazel was incredibly courteous & nice, spending time with each customer that was dining in the restaurant that night. I truly couldn’t recommend the Bianconi highly enough. A lovely evening from start to finish.

1  Thank gallagherlorna9
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Simply outstanding.
This has been our local for years. It’s truly amazing every time. Great menu choices, wonderful wine selection and the staff are fantastic. Gerr is superb and has introduced an amazing gin menu.
The atmosphere is fantastic and all the staff are so friendly. A must place to eat.

1  Thank sinead631
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Attended the Biancoini recently for a family occasion and I regret ever having made the booking. Arrived early for booking which I was told would be no problem. When we were seated we ordered drinks which was a disaster. Even though the waitress had taken down the drinks order the drinks arrived wrong, when mentioned instead of an apology a roll of the eyes and a foul comment was the explanation. Then starters arrive but some have to be returned as cold. Then as we are on starters a child's main course arrives while she is on her starter I ask the waiter to return it to kitchen as she was still on starter but he refuses as apparently kitchen is closing yet no main courses have arrived for rest of party as we are still on starters!!!When they do arrive they are put down to anyone not the people that have ordered certain dishes so we are left using napkins to swap hot plates at one table. The service is absolutely appalling and as a customer of the Biancoini for the last 18 years I will be certain after my experience neither I nor any of the other people that attended that day will ever return again. If you want bad service this is definately the place to go. No matter how high a standard you think your food may be service is everything and has let you down and left me with an unforgettable experience for all the wrong reasons.

5  Thank Louise C