“Good wholesome food”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Worth a stop on ring of Kerry, fabulous seafood. Mug of homemade soup for lunch on a cold day, yum.
Bedrooms are fabulous too

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We booked here for a later evening meal. The restaurant was very busy and the staff were excellent. The menu was varied and both the dishes we had were well cooked and prepared. The atmosphere was good and the tables are arranged in small separate areas without being isolated.
A first class meal.

TheBianconi, Manager at The Bianconi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Thank you, delighted you enjoyed your visit with us

Reviewed 31 July 2017

The good restaurants in Killorglin are well-asked for in weekend. As we did not make any reservation we ate at the bar as there were no other places available. We took the Monkfish and Mussels in Gruyere Mornay Sauce and the Fillet Sirloin with pepper sauce and fresh salad. The fish was extremely well prepared and the cuisson of the steak was correct and the quality of the steak was very good.

With a pint Carlsberg, a still water and 1 coffee Americano the bill was 62,50 EUR

1  Thank singel
TheBianconi, Manager at The Bianconi, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Reviewed 31 July 2017

My brother and I ate here on our recent trip to Killorglin, highly recommended by Anne from Coffey's River's Edge B&B. We really enjoyed the vibe and décor of the place, the service was friendly and the food was delicious with an extensive menu. My brother had lamb shanks and I had seafood chowder - both were great. We were so full we couldn't eat dessert. The wine list was also good and as an Antipodean, it was good to be able to find a NZ Sauvignon Blanc on the menu!

1  Thank LadyDi2323
TheBianconi, Manager at The Bianconi, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Thank you for your kind review we are delighted you enjoyed your visit with us

Kind regards

The Bianconi Inn
Killorglin

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Ate here in july 2017 with my elderly mother and three kids. All of their food was good and they enjoyed it.

i wanted something light and more healthy so asked about the Bianconi surpise - the waiter highly recommended it, saying it waas highly popular and full of local produce and variety - salmon, ham, salad etc

When it came it resembled a plate of fridge leftovers. The salmon, smoked salmon and pate were fine. However it was the rest which was truly dreadful. There was tasteless packet ham, that bright yellow grated proceeded cheese from a packet (which I would normally refuse), packet salami and some sort of processed cold tomato pasta. What a disgrace - this is a restaurant in the heart of farming Munster with the best cheeses and meats around. And there was only a sliver of salad leaves. It was a disgrace.

And no I didn't complain - we were a long time waiting for our food so I ate most of it. Besides I was with my family and didn't want to upset them, Restaurants don't realise that we don't want to complain and ruin a family event.

I would return again but never to order a salad. I would highly recommend this restaurant to overhaul its salad menu - not all of us want to eat heavy meals in the evening.

3  Thank Sharon F