“Amazing lunch on our way to Dingle! ”

Kate Browne's Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Ardfert
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 March 2020 via mobile

We had hoped to eat in Dingle when we arrived on our trip from Limerick, but found ourselves peckish in Ardfert. Found Kate Brownes and decided to stop both because it was close and had ample parking. We were not sorry! Husband had an egg and mushroom bap that was sizeable and tasty. I had the scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. They easily swapped my sourdough for brown bread and it was delicious. The site has great atmosphere as well! Though we just drove through, the town was also beautiful and very classic Ireland. Highly recommend this.

Date of visit: March 2020
1  Thank METtoMED
Write a reviewReviews (352)

Reviewed 10 February 2020

Took my Japanese business partners to an original Irish Pub for fish and chips. We were not disappointed - my Japanese friends loved it. Staff was very friendly and welcoming. The open fire makes for a cosy atmosphere. Experience was super!

Date of visit: February 2020
1  Thank sabinas462
Reviewed 23 January 2020

The best full Irish I have ever had.the quality of the ingredients is simply the best. Cooked to perfection and presentation is also perfect.the waiters are so helpful and pleasant and coffee is topped up without charge. Premises is full of character which adds to a great dining experience.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed 10 December 2019 via mobile

Have made the trip to ardfert for an amazing breakfast only to be let down once again. It clearly states 9am opening time in your website, sat until after 10am still no sign of opening so had to leave.
I have brought this up with staff once before but obviously it hasn't been passed on. I have also made this trip on. A sunday to find that there is no breakfast served in these days but it does not say this on the website.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 4 November 2019

The restaurant was recommended by several people we spoke to during the day. All warned us that we may not get a table because it was so popular and it was peak holiday period. The restaurant was unimpressive from outside with a small car park. The interior was totally different very rustic with a good ambience. Both the bar and the restaurant were very busy. The waitress we spoke to was unsure whether we would be able to have a table but said she would speak to the Manager. She returned fairly quickly and asked us to take a seat at the bar as the Manager had said we could have a table in 20 minutes.
When we went through to the restaurant the waiter showed us the Menu which was impressive and told us about the specials, When I asked if I could have two starters instead of a Starter and Main course he wasn't phased at all but took grate care to check which starter I wanted as my main. Both the Chowder and the Mussels were very flavoursome as was my friends Evening Special Cod. The portion sizes are very large. The waiter checked several times during the course ofour meal that everything was alright and whether we needed anything else but this was not intrusive.
Considering the number of people eating I was amazed that the food was presented and tasted so well. All of the staff were very professional and had a smile and a word for everyone, not just the customers they were serving.

Date of visit: August 2019