All reviews shannon airport the pub bunratty castle lovely hotel buffet style wedding reception function room shopping centre close to the airport would highly recommend this hotel minute drive bar food county clare food was amazing hotel restaurant both nights last night
Reviewed 14 September 2018

The hotel itself was clean, quiet and a great location close to Shannon airport. The front desk staff were great. The only disappointment our party of four had was when making our reservations, we were told we had a hot breakfast included in the price of our room - it wasn't. And, the continental breakfast that was included was mediocre. One of the servers was not very pleasant either. She actually ROLLED HER EYES AT ME when I asked for just plain egg whites in an omelette or poached or something! I can not eat egg yolks due to a medical condition, I can't help it. She looked at me like I just made a request for lobster, geez! She came back to our table and said that even the chef said "no way, not doing egg whites". If we stay here again, I think I will go next door to McDonalds and get breakfast.

Room Tip: Good parking, quiet hotel
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maire521
UnaM230, General Manager at Treacys Oakwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Dear Maire521,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review we really appreciate it. I am very happy that you found Treacys Oakwood Hotel to be clean as this is an extremely important factor throughout our hotel and one that we work tirelessly on. I am also delighted with your comments about our front desk, we are fortunate to have a team who are passionate about customer service and go above and beyond to ensure that each and every guest has a memorable experience with us. With our hotel rates we either have a room only or breakfast included which incorporates our continental buffet which offers a selection of cereals, Danish pastries, breads, cold meats, cheeses, fresh fruit, juices, yogurts, healthy nuts and seeds and preserves and is followed by a cooked, hot breakfast to order, selected by the guest from our extensive breakfast menu. However there is an option to add on a continental breakfast only. On our breakfast menu we state that eggs may be any way that our customer would like them and I will be addressing this immediately with our morning team as we make egg white omelettes on a regular basis and it is very frustrating as we would have been delighted to make you make you one. On the morning in question we had a new breakfast chef and I have already spoken to our Head Chef to ensure that any requests going forward are catered for. We do hope that you will return to the hotel in the future and looking forward to showing you why our extensive breakfast is extremely popular.

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights, an immediate warm welcome was given by the lovely receptionist and indeed all receptionists were lovely.
The room was really modern and tastefully decorated and extremely spacious
The food was excellent in the bar, great atmosphere , service was beyond what you would expect, very polite and attentive, especially Sean and the girl with the dark hair.
If I were to be a tiny bit more pick I would say the housekeeping for bedrooms could be improved but that is just a small detail in a hotel I was extremely impressed with.
Will recommend to friends travelling.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Suzie O
Una M, General Manager at Treacys Oakwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear Suzie O,
Thank you for your 5 star review and taking the time to leave one. It is wonderful, in particular, to hear of the level of service that you received from my colleagues upon arrival to the hotel. It is these service standards that we pride ourselves on here at Treacys Oakwood Hotel. I am delighted that you liked our newly refurbished bedrooms as our vision was to create a haven of comfort surrounded by all modern amenities that our guests may require during their stay and I'm so glad that we have achieved this. Sophie's Bar & Bistro is very popular not only with our hotel guests but with locals too and this is due to the outstanding food our Head Chef produces coupled with exceptional service by our team. We pride ourselves in delivering the best of Irish Hospitality and I am thrilled that Sean and Breda (the lady with dark hair) along with everyone else provided this during your stay.
Thank you again for your review and recommending us. We will be looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

I have just returned from staying in Treacys Oakwood with my husband and 2 kids. It truly is a superb hotel with such fabulous staff. Each staff member could not been have nicer- they really are such an asset to an already special hotel. The decor of the hotel is so luxurious. We ate each night in the bar and the food was simply delicious as was breakfast. I will definitely return to this hotel and am delighted it is part of the Treacys Hotel Group- Well Done to the Treacy family for keeping the good work up.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Una M, General Manager at Treacys Oakwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear Linda M,
Thank you so much for your 5 star review I am thrilled that you found all aspects of your stay to be excellent. We are very fortunate here at Treacys Oakwood Hotel Shannon to have a wonderful, dedicated and customer driven team who genuinely like nothing better than to ensure that everyone has the most memorable stay with us. The hotel has recently been refurbished and we wanted to create a trendy look whilst retaining all the comfort of home and so I am delighted to read that we have got this right. Our Kitchen Team like nothing better than creating delicious plates of food for each and every meal time and our breakfast’s will definitely set our guests up for the day, which is important as being located so close to all of County Clare’s main attractions we are the perfect base to tour around during the day and return ‘home’ in the evening. We look forward to welcoming you back to Treacys Oakwood Hotel.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

I was extremely disappointed with my recent stay at this hotel. First of all I have to say that even though we had an ‘unrenovated’ room it was v. Clean and bar staff were lovely. however that’s were compliments stop, on check in we were not informed about breakfast times etc or told anything about the cruise that was meant to be included in stay, at breakfast I encountered a very rude woman named Magda who basically shouted at my partner when he asked for water. On check out I enquired about the cruise that was supposed to be included in our stay and got ‘ oh you wanted to do that?’ as a reply, the woman was reluctant to give me any info and said that all boats had been cancelled that day. I asked the name of the tour company to which I was told they are on the pier in Doolin (no name given). My partner and I had already decided to visit the cliffs of Moher so we chanced going down to the pier, where we were mortified there. We had to go to the three different companies asking if they were the correct company (none had heard of the offer) but one of the helpful companies suggested I ring the hotel and he’d talk to them, after talking to the man I was put onto the receptionist who said the booking would’ve been sorted if the weather had permitted the boat tour. The boat tours had ran all day (despite being told they were ALL cancelled) but Unfortunately by the time we arrived the weather was changing and the tours were being cancelled (no fault of hotel obviously). It was both embarrassing and unorganized after a below average hotel stay. I would’ve let the small problems at the hotel go which is why on check out I bit my tongue but the rude staff and the lack of knowledge on tour was terrible. Avoid.

Stayed: August 2018

Dear Annemarie S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with Treacys Oakwood Hotel. I am pleased to read that your bedroom was very clean as we place great emphasis on cleanliness here at the hotel and our housekeeping staff take great pride in their work. We are known for our extremely friendly and helpful staff and as you can see from past reviews, as well as your own experience in our bar we always receive wonderful comments about the team and so I am disappointed to read about your partner’s encounter, we do not have anyone in the hotel named ‘Magda’ however I will be investigating this matter further with the Restaurant Manager and thank you for bringing it to my attention. We had a large number of families staying in the hotel the weekend of your stay, many of which had the Doolin2Aran cruise included in their package and I have received excellent feedback from them so I do apologise that this was not the same in your case and I will be addressing this with my Front Office Manager to ensure, going forward, that all details of the hotel as well as any packages are fully explained on check in. I do hope that you and your partner will return to Treacys Oakwood Hotel in the future so that we may be given another chance to prove that we really do go above and beyond for each and everyone of our guests.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed for two nights at this hotel and had the most relaxing weekend. Thanks to the wonderful staff there, from the moment we checked in the staff were so helpful, and so accommodating there was nothing we could fault. We will definitely be back. Thanks to Cathrine and Paige and all the staff for making our weekend so special!

Deirdre and Frank

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deirdre K
Una M, General Manager at Treacys Oakwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear Deirdre K,
I’m delighted with your 5 star review and thank you so much for taking the time to leave one. Nothing gives us more pleasure than to read you had a relaxing stay as we endeavoured to ensure our guests comfort was taken in to account during the recent refurbishments done to the hotel and I’m so glad to see that we got it right in all areas. I am very proud of the team here at Treacys Oakwood Hotel and shall pass on your kind comments to Catherine and Paige who truly both have a genuine interest in our guests and like nothing more than imparting their local knowledge as well as delivering great customer service. We look forward to welcoming you back to Treacys Oakwood Hotel Shannon.