“Educational, exciting, fun, awesome, exhilarating afternoon learning all about aviation.”

Atlantic Air Adventures
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Shannon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Atlantic AirAdventures is an Aviation Education Flight Simulation Centre and Aviation Museum located on the Wild Atlantic Way, just 5km from Shannon Airport Co Clare Ireland, 15km from Limerick city, and 15 km from Ennis Co Clare. Visit our website for more info.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We Visited the Atlantic Airventure Centre with our scouts for a day. Jane and Eddie thought us, in such an engaging way, about how planes take off, stay in the air and land safely. Then we moved on to flying the flight simulators which was great fun. To top the day off we all had a go at landing a real Boeing 737 simulator with an airline pilot to guide us. It was such an amazing day that I brought my own family down to Shannon to let them enjoy the experience. They absolutely loved every second including the aviation museum which Atlantic Airventure Centre have recently opened in their new bigger premises which is now in a better location right on the Shannon Airport road. My 12 year old son has his mind made up that he's going to be a pilot now!

2  Thank sandiebeaches

Reviewed 24 January 2012

Fly away in your own plane. Lots of interesting aviation stuff and simulators to beat the band.

1  Thank Daveom
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We recently visited the Limerick area and whilst looking for somewhere dry to go we found the Atlantic Airventure. We called in without booking and asked if we could try the small 2 seater sims. Jane explained very well the basics of powered flight to my 10 year old son. He was then allowed to take off and fly a Red Bull acrobatics plane to the Statue of Liberty and do a loop the loop around the Brooklyn Bridge. At this point Dad got his chance to return the plane to the airfield and land(very poorly) the plane.
Then i got a go in the big beast - the 737. I was set up about 6 miles from Shannon airport and had the basic instruments explained to me. I then got the chance to land the 60 tonne beast - twice.
This was a fabulous experience and would definitely encourage anyone to visit. The staff could not be more helpful and at 50 Euro's, it was a bargain.

3  Thank HarrogateMark
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Very hands on experience. Using the simulators you can fly over exotic areas. A real high

1  Thank agtaistilgominic
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Spent an hour with Tomas in the 737 sim today and it was absolutely fantastic. We flew from Dublin to Shannon, then a different approach to Shannon with a touch and go, an engine failure on climb out and emeergency landing back to home base.

The realism of the cockpit is amazing, it was a very enjoyable experience and I would recommend it to anyone who has an interest in aviation.

The only downside was that the pictures we took seem to have vanished from my camera so I guess we'll need to go back!

3  Thank Monkeylogic