“My 10 year old loved flying the Red Bull simulator” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Atlantic Airventure

Atlantic Airventure
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Shannon
More attraction details
Owner description: Atlantic AirVenture is an Aviation Education and Flight Simulation Centre located 3 miles from Shannon Airport.The Centre runs a range of activities and events for budding aviators,ACE Camp runs for June and July and is an ideal introduction to aviation for ages 8-12.The Flight Simulation Centre offers a range of Flight Simulators available on a pre booked basis. Of special interest to those with a passion for the 'heavies' is our B737NG Fixed Base Simulator, this is of the type used to train real pilots. So if you would like to see Ireland with a birds eye view, while in Command of a Jet Airliner, Atlantic AirVenture is not to be missed!
Harrogate
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“My 10 year old loved flying the Red Bull simulator”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

We recently visited the Limerick area and whilst looking for somewhere dry to go we found the Atlantic Airventure. We called in without booking and asked if we could try the small 2 seater sims. Jane explained very well the basics of powered flight to my 10 year old son. He was then allowed to take off and fly a Red Bull acrobatics plane to the Statue of Liberty and do a loop the loop around the Brooklyn Bridge. At this point Dad got his chance to return the plane to the airfield and land(very poorly) the plane.
Then i got a go in the big beast - the 737. I was set up about 6 miles from Shannon airport and had the basic instruments explained to me. I then got the chance to land the 60 tonne beast - twice.
This was a fabulous experience and would definitely encourage anyone to visit. The staff could not be more helpful and at 50 Euro's, it was a bargain.

Visited December 2011
3 Thank HarrogateMark

Shannon Ireland
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fly your own plane”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

Very hands on experience. Using the simulators you can fly over exotic areas. A real high

1 Thank agtaistilgominic
Glasgow
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

Spent an hour with Tomas in the 737 sim today and it was absolutely fantastic. We flew from Dublin to Shannon, then a different approach to Shannon with a touch and go, an engine failure on climb out and emeergency landing back to home base.

The realism of the cockpit is amazing, it was a very enjoyable experience and I would recommend it to anyone who has an interest in aviation.

The only downside was that the pictures we took seem to have vanished from my camera so I guess we'll need to go back!

Visited December 2011
3 Thank Monkeylogic
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A long overdue GREAT Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

Given a voucher as a present by the offspring. Finally got around to venturing down from Dublin ( stayed in the Old Ground Ennis overnight ).
Met and welcomed enthusiastically.Brought into the 737 simulator and given a comprehensive and easy to understand briefing, sufficient for my total lack of experience. The hour of one takeoff, enroute maneuvering and three landings (different airports) "flew" past. Didn't crash so :-)) Enjoyed it SO much
Great place, great time, great team, great organization with laudable objectives.
WILL do it again

Visited October 2011
3 Thank Fergal O
“Great fun and highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011