All reviews pancakes breakfast room the owner charming b b full irish breakfast feel right at home restaurants and pubs breakfast was delicious nice room definitely stay here again irish hospitality warm welcome street parking comfortable rooms perfect location tea coffee memorable stay
Reviewed 26 August 2018

My husband and I had a lovely overnight stay. The house is full of character run by Eileen who is a super friendly host. The room was dated but this is in keeping with the house and we had a lovely clean comfortable bed. The breakfast was amazing and Eileen couldn’t have done any more for us.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2018

My husband and I stayed here to finish off our west coast trip! Eileen and Desmond can't do enough for you! You can tell that they both really enjoy having a guest house an welcoming people! The breakfast is OUT OF THIS WORLD. I had pancakes on the first morning while my husband had full irish! On the second morning we both had eggs and smoked salmon which were amazing. Desmond came and asked us if we wanted additional anything so there was no shortage of food. Coffee was lovely! They have a room off the breakfast room which you can also go and relax. location is ideal right in the centre of clifden. Room was fab, bed comfortable and extremely clean. Eileen was happy to give recommendations for places to eat (Guys on the main street is unreal!) We will be back! Thanks for an amazing stay. Breda & Eoghan :)

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2018

I can't say enough about how kind Desmond and Eileen were. The breakfast room was lovely and the location within Clifden was convenient.

As much as I'd like to say I was comfortable there, because I dislike being negative and the hosts were so nice, I have to confess my stay was a little disappointing. The room I was in was in much need of an update in terms of bed linens, mattresses, lighting, and carpeting. There was a musty or moldy smell that was only interrupted by the smell of the cooking from the kitchen that came in through the bathroom. The shower was very small and with shower curtains rather than shower doors, they would blow in and stick to my skin while I tried to wash.

I'm not happy to write a less than favorable account, but I appreciate honest reviews so I feel compelled to leave them even if they're not glowing.

5 stars for service and lovely hosts, 2 stars for the room.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2018

Ben View House is one of the most welcoming B&B ever. Our room was very comfortable the breaksfast delightful and the owner very very kind. The place is clean, the bed comfortable, and it’s always a pleasure to have a chat with the owner. We’d love to come back soon.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Ben View July 19th and 20th. Wonderful accommodation, warm and friendly owners made us feel so welcome. Fabulous breakfasts, rooms very comfortable and clean. Highly recommend this B&B. It is also excellent value for money. Can’t wait to visit again.

Date of stay: July 2018