“High Quality”

Price range: US$6 - US$45
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Restaurant 1826 Adare is a casual dining restaurant in the picturesque village of Adare. Owners Wade & Elaine Murphy strive to provide seasonal, locally sourced cuisine at reasonable prices in a cosy setting. Matched with friendly & attentive service. Awarded Best Restaurant 2014, 2015 & 2016 in Limerick & Munster. Awarded a Michelin Guide Bib Gourmand in both 2016 & 2017
Reviewed 10 April 2016

My wife and I had dinner here recently for the first time. The experience was very good. The menu is a little limited but the quality of food and service is exceptional.

Date of visit: February 2016

Reviewed 6 April 2016 via mobile

Had a fantastic meal tonight. Great attention to detail by the staff without being fussy. And celeriac chips are my new favourite thing!

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 2 April 2016

When vacationing in Ireland, I had several objectives, but one that was non-negotiable . . . a really delicious dinner . . .the kind that you cannot think while eating because it tastes so good, and then think about for the next several months! For me, in Ireland, 1826 was just that. I almost came back the next day and had dinner again. But I believe I'll be making another trip soon! Also, the Chef, Wade Murphy, was kind and accessible. The atmosphere was classy but comfortable. But the food - the food was amazing.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 1 April 2016

Went for Sunday late lunch 3:30. They open at 3pm on Sunday.
I had beef and was disappointed to see it arrived with a full carrot cut in half and placed on top. Why can't restaurants be more adventurous with vegetables?. The beef wasn't great quality as it was quite stringy which I couldn't chew so had to discreetly remove from my mouth.
Others got pork belly which seemed to be good. Fish pie also good and lamb was ok.
The table of 4 isn't very comfortable as where the legs of the table are you have to side with the leg of the table between your legs.
Go and try for yourself.
I have been wanting to try it for ages as heard so many people rave about the place. I'll probably go back to give it a 2nd try but to be honest will be slow to.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 30 March 2016

A meal here is an experience from the ambience of the setting to the service & then the exceptional food. Just wow - the attention to detail on the menu with the descriptions of the dishes to the presentation of the food on the plate & then the taste, flavours & quality of the food on offer. You can tell I am in love with this restaurant. We went the whole hog & had 4 courses & a carafe of wine. Every single dish was sublime but the highlight was the 36 hour slow cooked belly of pork - it just melted on your tongue. I can still taste the flavour & visualise the dish, wonderful.
Seriously, if you enjoy food then this is the zenith of restaurants - we did not have one quibble with the whole experience. Just amazing.

Date of visit: March 2016