All reviewsshower blockcampers kitchenfarm walkhot tubnice sitesmall playgroundone nightcouple of nightsstayed for nightsshort driveon arrivalpitchesmicrowavehairdryerkerry
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Well located to enjoy the delightful Adare town, which has many good places to eat.

Nicely laid out site, with mature grounds, which were maintained to a reasonable standard.

Shower block was acceptable & all other facillaties were usable.

Nice walks around the farm & local countryside, good play area for children with open spaces for ball games & dog friendly site.

Our one night there co-insided with a Caravan Club rally, so the site was busy, the owner did appologies for any late night noises, which he said his wife had to deal with. I have to say, we heard nothing.

Staff/owner approachable & friendly

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank AbbeyfealeEire
Reviewed 29 September 2011

We stayed one night on our mini tour of Ireland.
We were welcomed by the lady on our arrival and quickly parked our motorhome.
This site was quiet and the sun came out making it a very relaxing stay.
We cycled into Adare in the evening for a drink in one of the (many) bars and had a fantastic meal in one of the restaurants.
The shower block was fine for us, but looked like it could do with some TLC inside.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Pete W
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Adare is a very picturesque little town and well worth a visit. My sister, our partners and my mother and I stayed here for one night camping on a Saturday night it cost 43 euro for two tents with 5 adults which is very reasonable. It is around 5 mins by car to Adare which cost us 3 euro a head for a taxi, we got list of taxi numbers from the tourist office which was handy. The facilities are basic and clean but unfortunately the owner was extremely rude to us when we arrived. As we unpacked the car he came over to us and warned us not to drink the bottles of beer we had brought as it is a "quiet site after 11pm" I would understand his concerns if we were a group of teenagers but as we did not have an excessive amount of alcohol I was highly offended by his manor and premature judgement. I have been to many campsites in Ireland and this is the only place that i have ever felt so unwelcome. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank rochesh
Reviewed 20 April 2010

We stayed in this caravan site to attend a family wedding. I must say we were disappointed! The showers (50cent charge) were very hit or miss and the cleanliness was not up to expectations. I realise that this is the beginning of the season and the site was very quiet but still the standards were not up to scratch. For 30 euros per night we expected more. The hot tub looked unused and I certainly would not fancy getting in! The whole place looked as if it needed some tender loving care!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2008

Visited this site recently on our way to Tralee. Loved the secluded area ouside Adare. If you have no transport or bicycle it's a bit rural, but ideal for peace and quietness. The kitchen/cooking area was basic but workable, the shower/toilet block was absolutely spotless. The best we have ever come across to date. The owners obviously have pride in their site and it was evident in the well kept grass area and general upkeep. An ideal spot for families with young children. They had two rabbits, a donkey, horse, a friendly dog and a farm walk.
The particular night we stayed there were a lot of visitors with dogs because of the dog show the following day but we had no problem with barking dogs which was a plus. A lovely experience and we would certainly return to this site again.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple