“Best meal we've ever had”

Wild Geese Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Adare
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Wild Geese restaurant is centrally located in the historic village of Adare Co.Limerick, occupying one of the original thatched cottages dating from the 1820's. The restaurant, with its beautiful doll-like settings, lends itself to a relaxing and atmospheric fine dining experience with seating for up to sixty people. The perfect venue for pre and post wedding parties, romantic meals and ideal for a business dinner to showcase the best of locally sourced food. Menus and opening hours are available on our website.
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Visited Ireland in 2013 and spent an evening at The Wild Geese. Told everyone that I'd had the best meal ever, in my life, there . Charming and homey setting. My grown son and I just returned from two weeks there in August 2017 and once again, had the best meal of our lives. Love the family that operates it.

wild g, Owner at Wild Geese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear Billy H,
Thank you we're delighted you enjoyed the meal and setting so much - reviews like this certainly make our day.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

We had dinner here a few days ago and loved it. We were in the middle of a 10 day Ireland trip and ate in some great restaurant but none better than Wild Geese. It was excellent food and a great value. It's a small dining room so you definitely need reservations.

Dear Dave8730,
Thank you so much we're delighted you found The Wild Geese to be your favourite restaurant during your trip to Ireland - high praise indeed. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Staff were excellent. The decor is of its period Victorian/Edwardian which we enjoyed. The starter I had was mushroom and thyme soup, could not taste the mushroom, my partner did not partake in a starter. For the main course my partner had a sirloin stake (medium) pepper sauce with the usual trimmings. The stake was tough and required an effort to cut your way trough it. The sauce was bland, the dish had no flavour worth mentioning. The dish lacked seasoning. I had the scallops and pork belly with the usual trimmings. The scallop were great but the pork was overcooked and tough again no seasoning. We wont be back.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Dear Mr. Curran,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate all feedback, positive or negative so we can constantly strive to improve our dining experience. I am very disappointed that you did not enjoy your visit to us, we work hard here to ensure our guests not only enjoy their food but the whole visit. I apologise that this was obviously not the case with yourself. I do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back on another occasion and if so I would appreciate if you made yourself known to us.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Our large group took up a lot of the space in the restaurant and they took lovely care of us. Excellent wine and food. Great location and it has lots of charm. I highly recommend.

wild g, Owner at Wild Geese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear Wendy,
It was great to have your lovely group visit us. Thank you for the kind review we're delighted you enjoyed it.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Well stop and you might need a reservation! The best food I have had in all Ireland.

The service is amazing and charming. The food is warm, delicious and flavorful! I've been in Ireland a week and this place worth waiting for and finding. Adare is also a gem so this place is in the right spot. Below is what I had for dinner.

wild g, Owner at Wild Geese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Thank you for the great review, we really appreciate it. Many people love stopping off in Adare to stretch their legs in the park and enjoy the great food and shops. We're delighted you enjoyed it too.