“Beautiful quaint cottage restaurant ”

Wild Geese Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Adare
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Wild Geese restaurant is centrally located in the historic village of Adare Co.Limerick, occupying one of the original thatched cottages dating from the 1820's. The restaurant, with its beautiful doll-like settings, lends itself to a relaxing and atmospheric fine dining experience with seating for up to sixty people. The perfect venue for pre and post wedding parties, romantic meals and ideal for a business dinner to showcase the best of locally sourced food. Menus and opening hours are available on our website.
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

Beautiful quaint little restaurant, full of character. Had a great family lunch that kept us full for the day. Great service, friendly staff and delicious food. The children enjoyed their experience immensely as the chief took the trouble to come out and take their order and made fun looking dishes. Each course was fabulously presented and tasted gorgeous. Can't wait to come back for an evening experience.

1  Thank Susan B
wild g, Owner at Wild Geese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Dear Susan,
Thank you for the wonderful review, we're so glad you enjoyed it. We will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

Lovely little cottage style restaurant. The food was fresh and delicious. Service was good. I would definitely stop by again. They serve breakfast and lunch.

1  Thank Denise T
wild g, Owner at Wild Geese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

Dear Denise,
Many thanks for you great review, we're so glad you enjoyed your meal.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

This is a must for your trip to adare! We just had coffees and sandwiches, but wow the food was amazing and presented beautifully! I'll be back here for sure! Fab service too!

1  Thank WivenWovenLoveX
wild g, Owner at Wild Geese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2017

Thank you for the wonderful review, we hope to see you back in Adare soon.
Julie and David.

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

We visited here with our very small baby recently- they couldn't have been nicer or more welcoming. Great food too!

3  Thank Aislingeach2017
wild g, Owner at Wild Geese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2017

Dear Aisling,
Thank you for stopping by and for the great review, we're delighted your lovely family enjoyed your visit to the Wild Geese.

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

We booked a table on-line which is always very convenient.
Before being seated in the restaurant, you are brought into a "sitting room" to look at the menu.
Admittedly was disappointed a little plus its a set menu at fixed prices.
The staff are very friendly and cannot be faulted.
The food is fine, admittedly it was not the best culinary experience ever. I had the chowder for a starter and my hubby had the salmon. Hubby's starter was lovely and my chowder was average, it wasn't creamy as I've experienced before but the bread is very nice. For mains; I had lamb shanks and my hubby had the steak, my lamb was just "ok" and my husband's steak was just "ok". We had coffee afterwards which was fine.
Overall it was "fine", but I didn't think it deserved an "average" rating, so taking everything into account, I have no other choice to rate it as "very good".
However having said that I think we would try somewhere different if we're in the area again.

1  Thank Blaithin
wild g, Owner at Wild Geese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Dear Blaithin,
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant, and for giving it a very good rating. We do like to make everyone's experience as positive as possible so if you do call in again please be sure to let us know your preferences and we will do our best to oblige.