“A little too heavy for my liking...”

Wild Geese Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Adare
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Wild Geese restaurant is centrally located in the historic village of Adare Co.Limerick, occupying one of the original thatched cottages dating from the 1820's. The restaurant, with its beautiful doll-like settings, lends itself to a relaxing and atmospheric fine dining experience with seating for up to sixty people. The perfect venue for pre and post wedding parties, romantic meals and ideal for a business dinner to showcase the best of locally sourced food. Menus and opening hours are available on our website.
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

We were starving and the restaurant has an inviting waiting room that you could have a pre-dinner cocktail complete with a welcoming fire..Service was good as any restaurant in the area but the food was too heavy for our liking and for once, we could not finish our dinner. If i were local, I would likely have taken the leftover home because I don't like wasting. Needless to say, we had no dessert or coffee.

wild g, Owner at Wild Geese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant, we hope you enjoyed your trip to Adare. If you are in the area again please feel free to discuss your preferences with us and we would be delighted to recommend something lighter the next time.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

I had the scallops. Oh! It reminded me of my youth. My mother was great at cooking them and this is the first time I had lovely fresh scallops. Cooked with perfection. Thank you so very much.

1  Thank 263Eileen

Dear Eileen
Thank you so much for the delightful review. We are lucky to have wonderful suppliers so they are delivered fresh daily. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

We visited the wild geese last night and I have to say it was really delicious. I had the goats cheese to start and my fiancée had the duck spring roll- very tasty on both parts and the spring roll was very meatily filled with soft duck. Then I had the scallops and pork belly for main and he had the filler steak. The only thing I could criticise is that, for such a fine dining place, there was so much food... too much food! I love pork and scallops and just could not finish what was on the plate! A little less of everything would have made it really perfect. Too finish, we had to have dessert. The brownie, served on a bed of gorgeous chocolate-chippy ice cream was gorgeous and the trio with proper sticky toffee pudding, poppy seed lemon cake and an out-of-this-world salted caramel macaroon was simply divine. To top this all off the service was fab. Julie, one of the owners, took time out to talk to us at length and that was really nice for a change, despite the restaurant being very busy. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Kimpob85

Dear Kim,
Thank you for the fantastic review, so glad you enjoyed it and chatty Julie! We hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to Adare and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Top class food in a beautiful setting. Lovely to get to have a drink and read the menu in the front room before being seated.

Dear Molly,
Thank you for the lovely review, we're glad you enjoyed your visit to the Wild Geese.

Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

Happy to try the place as reviews are rather positive even if it seems Tripadvisor reviewers in Ireland are very generous in general. Rang the bell to get in and a strong smell put me off for a short while. Very ouly slippery tiles in the entrance. Were shown to our table. Menu looks interesting, a bit sophisticated. Wine list rather limited. Got the fried brie, which was wraped in a pastry and rather uninteresting and put on top of chopped pineapple and beetroot that seemed a day old. Not an exciting starter at all. We then had the steak which came with loads of different stuff and more vege on top. The cod, was not cod in my opinion or the tail of it...I didn't dare ask but I'm quite sure it wasn't cod, anyway it was good but accompanied with so many different stuff on the plate, plus vege on the side that you had no idea what the whole dish was all about. Our two mains seemed pretentious but without a proper chef's skills. The Cahors 2011 from the list wasn't the one we were served...we were served a 2012...and I didn't want to make a fuss but I start to be annoyed with this common practice in to not bring you the year on the wine list and not even apologize for it. Likely to not go back...

Dear Steph,
Thank you for your review, we are very sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction at your visit.
We are currently updating our wine list as there are two on it with different years, please accept our apologies for the mistake.